Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2008, 08:17 PM

34 posts, read 158,138 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a herniated disc in my back for the past three months. I've tried the coritisone shot, a pack of prednisone. And it works for awhile and then same old. I just moved from California a month ago and don't know many people to ask. Is there a good chiro around here. One that I can count on to admit that if he can't help me? Or whether I'd be better off just staying with an orthoped?

Thanks!

Arati
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 12:05 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
If you don't get any referrals from here - you might try the Chiropractic College in nearby Pasadena for treatment or just a referral in your area. I was told recently by a chiropractor that their business is really slacking off and it seems more people are opting for massage therapy rather that chiropractic manipulation.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:15 PM

34 posts, read 158,138 times
anyone? Even Friendswood, Webster....anything in the vicinity.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
I wish I could help but I've never been to a chiropractor - if I recommend one, I'd just be grabbing a name out of the phone book which anyone can do and isn't a real referral which is why I suggested contacting the Texas Chiropractic College on Spencer Highway in Pasadena and ask them for a referral of someone with a lot of experience and not someone fresh out of school. Perhaps even the practices of some of their instructors.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,931 times
Default herniated disc

hello,
just read your message. [mod] no advertising [/mod]. And I will tell you that I have an degenerative disc in my low back and if it wasn't for chiropractic I would have had back surgery already. So I would definitely recommend Chiropractic.
Thanks,
[mod] no advertising [/mod]

Quote:
Originally Posted by desai216 View Post
Hi,

I have a herniated disc in my back for the past three months. I've tried the coritisone shot, a pack of prednisone. And it works for awhile and then same old. I just moved from California a month ago and don't know many people to ask. Is there a good chiro around here. One that I can count on to admit that if he can't help me? Or whether I'd be better off just staying with an orthoped?

Thanks!

Arati

Last edited by Chickrae; 09-23-2009 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: no advertising -see TOS

Old 09-23-2009, 01:40 PM

5 posts, read 15,395 times
Default Bay Colony Chiro

I've been to Max Vige at Bay Colony Chiro and I've sent my Mom there too. He's very down to earth and not pushy. Very easy to talk to and understanding. His office is in the HEB shopping center at I-45 and 646. Several of our neighbors go there as well for their sports injuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: