Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,985,780 times

Advertisements

One of the local papers wrote about the development at Springwoods Village (just north of Exxon campus but below Woodlands).

Lot of things are happening and constructions has begin. I see bits and pieces regarding new construction, this article pretty much consolidate all of it.

Pretty good read.

This is the map of new construction or planned development.
http://174.129.209.89/pdfs/SKL/SKL20...odsVillage.pdf

This is the actual article.
Springwoods Village development continues - Community Impact Newspaper

Last edited by ipuck; 05-15-2014 at 09:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 08:42 PM

70 posts, read 129,921 times
I wonder if being zoned to Spring High School will discourage some families to buy there.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:44 PM

232 posts, read 463,379 times
I was there today looking at one of the model homes. The only one that is open is the Taylor Morrison model that is huge at over 5,000 square feet -- do people really need homes that big? Wow! They are selling at a decent price though for the quality. Their smaller ones (the Birchwood model) are still pretty big at 3,190. Their other sizes are the Camelilia (4,888 sf - 4,893 sf), the Maplebrook (5,128 sf - 5,239 sf), the Sandlwood (5,230 sf - 5,301 sfL) and the Magnolia (5,473 sf).

At least 17 Taylor Morrison lots have already been sold. I drove around Harper Woods but no model homes were open and the Belvedere apartments are coming along nicely.

Springwoods Village is within walking distance of the new ExxonMobil campus and the schools will be zoned to the Spring ISD (Northgate Crossing Elementary, Twin Creeks Middle School, Spring High School).

The entire Springwoods Village is due to be completed in 15-20 years which came as a surprise to me. They don't even have any tenants/retailers/restaurants signed up for the town center but they expect that to be done by the end of 2015. There are already some walking trails and you an see they are building Springwoods Village with trails in mind.

The area doesn't have electricity yet as everything is currently running on generators but it's supposed to be coming this week.

The exit off of I-45 is the Spring Crossing Exit.

The advantage of this location is the proximity to the new EM campus and the new Grand Parkway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston