Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:47 AM

6 posts, read 71,805 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any info on Shadow Creek Ranch in Pearland? Hows it like living there? How's the commuting, especially to the Texas Medical Center? Is the traffic aroung there bad? What do you think of Pearland? Would you consder Misourri City instead?

Thanks in advance! Returning to Texas in June!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,077,459 times
SCR residents in Brazoria County are zoned to Alvin ISD schools:
* Marek Elementary School
* Manvel Junior High School
* Manvel High School

SCR residents in Fort Bend County are zoned to Fort Bend ISD schools:
* Goodman Elementary School
* Baines Middle School
* Hightower High School

For now, AISD officials will allow SCR residents in Fort Bend County to send their children to Marek Elementary School.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:52 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,156 times
The commute from SCR into the Medical Center is about 20 with no traffic. I have friends living in the area and they love it. It's a beautiful area with lots of new retail development going up. Pearland is a nice area to raise a family. The west part of Pearland is booming. In addition to SCR, other areas of significance in west Pearland are Silverlake, Silvercreek, Autumn Lake, and Sunrise Lake.

Missouri City is ok if you're considering Sienna Plantation, Colony Lakes or Riverstone.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:40 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,848,292 times
Don't know much specifically about Shadow Creek, but Pearland is a once rural area that is now under much development. It's one of the easier Houston-area commutes to the Medical Center.

Missouri City has some nice neighborhoods, also a decent commute to the Med Center. The western portion of Missouri City is basically identical to neighboring Sugar Land, and has access to all the Sugar Land amenities (Sugar Land is more settled and developed than Pearland).

Old 02-02-2007, 06:51 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,420,013 times
Shadow Creek Ranch is a great community. You will like it there and I suggest you try and go into Alvin I.S.D. The schools zoned to Shadow Creek Ranch under Fort Bend (like Hightower) are under performing schools.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:31 PM

107 posts, read 569,334 times
Don't know this first hand, but an acquaintance told me the taxes there are pretty steep. Of course you'd want to verify this on your own.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:59 PM

9 posts, read 79,051 times
Default Taxes in Shadow Creek Ranch

I live in Shadow Creek Ranch (almost a year now). Our taxes started out at 4.01% and have dropped to about 3.71% (and that's within a year). It's a great place to live. Wish I had moved here years ago.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:13 PM

12 posts, read 70,927 times
Nanner is right........taxes in Pearland are extremely high! However, my brother and his wife live there. When I was building my home I stayed with them for a few months and I was working down town. It was very beautiful, quiet, close to everyting and only 15-20 minutes to Minute Maid park! stay away from Stafford. Its old, run down and filthy.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 AM

13 posts, read 92,931 times
Default Shadow Creek Ranch-Taxes/Schools/Etc.

Hello. It's true that taxes in Shadow Creek Ranch have gone down this year. Tax rates in the Pearland area vary from one subdivision to another. For instance, some sections of Silverlake (another masterplanned community in Pearland) have a tax rate just below $3.00. Shadow Creek Ranch has a higher rate because it's newer and has a higher MUD tax. Where I live, the tax rate is $3.22.

As others have posted, most of Shadow Creek Ranch is zoned to Alvin ISD. My husband is Director of Curriculum for Alvin ISD, so if you have any questions regarding schools, I'd be glad to answer them. I'm a real estate agent in Pearland as well. A new elementary school will be opening in SCR next fall (Laura Ingalls Wilder Elementary). This will be the 2nd elementary school in Shadow Creek Ranch. A middle school (Nolan Ryan Junior High) will open fall, 2008. Phase 1 of the new Manvel High School opened this past fall.

Retail shopping develpment is booming in the area. I've not heard of anyone who dislikes living here.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:46 PM

6 posts, read 50,352 times
You may want to consider a little farther out. look at this, http://www.danbury.isd.esc4.net/ (broken link)

It is a little farther drive but not too bad if you want a really nice, quiet area.

Moderator cut: website

Good luck

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 03-29-2007 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Advertising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston