Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:03 PM

4 posts, read 6,765 times

Advertisements

After living in the south for a year and a half, I have to say that generally speaking I tend to find that southerners are not as concious of many things relating to bacteria, and other peoples stuff. From the Little Rock, AR standpoint, I really think it's lack of education. The school system here is garbage.

Men used the women's restroom at my last job, and about 3/4 women didn't wash their hands after using the restroom. ugh!

My car has less than 10,000 miles on it, and has about 20 door dings! I've acually witnessed people just slamming their door into my car.

I did not have so many problems with these types of issues up North.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Well thank goodness Texas is a bit Southwest and not due South. I really don't find anyone who isn't aware of bacteria and other people's stuff. I find people who don't care but that is different than unaware. For the most part, you can find some pretty good school districts around -- you might have to leave HISD or go private. People are human, north - south - whatever and you can find slobs anywhere.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:08 PM

12 posts, read 33,974 times
I am a born and bred Texan, both Mom and Dad were yankees. SO cant we all all just get along!!! The only Defensive work we need is on our Houston Texans. LOL. Trying to lighten things up here folks.

PS: we have a BIG yacht in Galveston and we have gotten to where we will NOT eat anything out of the bay. YUCK!!
IF it says LOCAL seafood. "No thanks" we will drive to Matagorda just for dinner!!

Old 08-23-2008, 11:30 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Well thank goodness Texas is a bit Southwest and not due South. I really don't find anyone who isn't aware of bacteria and other people's stuff. I find people who don't care but that is different than unaware. For the most part, you can find some pretty good school districts around -- you might have to leave HISD or go private. People are human, north - south - whatever and you can find slobs anywhere.

Agreed. My car has almost 110k miles and has 2 moderate dings you can only see in the right lighting.

And the whole comparison to Arkansas is truly an insult. Crazygingi, you can put Carthage and Texarkana in the same boat as the rest of Arkansas and maybe even Tennessee, but leave Houston out of it. Please & thank you.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:25 AM

283 posts, read 1,281,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygingi View Post
After living in the south for a year and a half, I have to say that generally speaking I tend to find that southerners are not as concious of many things relating to bacteria, and other peoples stuff. From the Little Rock, AR standpoint, I really think it's lack of education. The school system here is garbage.

Men used the women's restroom at my last job, and about 3/4 women didn't wash their hands after using the restroom. ugh!

My car has less than 10,000 miles on it, and has about 20 door dings! I've acually witnessed people just slamming their door into my car.

I did not have so many problems with these types of issues up North.
That's CONSCIOUS, not concious. Also, ACTUALLY, not acually.
A lack of education or what? Education obviously.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 6,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastender67 View Post
That's CONSCIOUS, not concious. Also, ACTUALLY, not acually.
A lack of education or what? Education obviously.
Seriously! lmao. I did not major in English. I just have a Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering. You're an arse. Typical Southerner!

I would bet I'm more educated than you.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:50 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
I wouldn't necessarily bet that you are more educated than others on this board. Having a college degree, one should have good grammar regardless of the major. Although looks like more of a case of typos and not proofing before hitting post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston