Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2008, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 16,738 times

Advertisements

I've read so many posts about Cypress and see prices ranging from $100 to $1 million. We would like to buy in a nice, newer neighborhood in the $275,000-$325,000 range. Love the pictures I've seen of neighborhoods like Bridgeland, Longwood, Coles Crossing. But is it smart to buy a home in our price range which seems to be the low end in so many of these neighborhoods? We no longer have small children and schools to consider when buying, but we may only be there for three-four years, so we have to consider resale potential. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 PM

410 posts, read 1,676,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgruetz View Post
I've read so many posts about Cypress and see prices ranging from $100 to $1 million. We would like to buy in a nice, newer neighborhood in the $275,000-$325,000 range. Love the pictures I've seen of neighborhoods like Bridgeland, Longwood, Coles Crossing. But is it smart to buy a home in our price range which seems to be the low end in so many of these neighborhoods? We no longer have small children and schools to consider when buying, but we may only be there for three-four years, so we have to consider resale potential. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
DG...considering resale....schools will be important to an extent. Yes, it would be wiser to buy into the neighborhhoods you mentioned...even if your home is one of the least expensive. Will put you in a stronger position when it comes time for resale. Just make sure the home you purchase doesn't back to commercial, watertower or other undesirable and the floorplan isn't antiquated. Best of luck...Sunny

Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 PM

57 posts, read 404,584 times
[quote=dgruetz;4730818]I've read so many posts about Cypress and see prices ranging from $100 to $1 million. Love the pictures I've seen of neighborhoods like Bridgeland, Longwood, Coles Crossing...quote]

I think 99% ofthe posts you read about Cypress were by Mr. Football who is the biggest cheerleader for his area

Not to give you a hard time buddy... just don't knock my area (Katy)

Old 08-04-2008, 10:50 PM

663 posts, read 2,255,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny57 View Post
Just make sure the home you purchase doesn't back to commercial, watertower or other undesirable and the floorplan isn't antiquated.
What would be an example of an antiquated floor plan?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 PM

410 posts, read 1,676,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold dust View Post
What would be an example of an antiquated floor plan?
Enclosed kitchen not open to family room, small master bathrooms, tub/shower unit, low ceilings, few windows, no fireplace. Buyers today are asking for open... flowing plans with fewer formal areas. In certain price ranges... media/theater rooms, pools & gourmet kitchens are expected. Crazy as it seems, they want fireplaces even though we don't have many cold days to use them...Sunny

Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,417,688 times
After driving through Bridgeland, I wouldn't be surprised if its the "next big thing" as far as places to live. Its very pretty and it looks like they've really invested a lot of money to make it a top notch community.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 PM

1,334 posts, read 6,422,139 times
Cypress offers a lot of different choices and two distinctly different geographies. North of 290 to 249 is wooded, South of 290 to 529 is open prairie/ranchland, save for the areas bordering Cypress Creek.

When choosing schools zones, Cy-Fair and Cy-Woods HS both earned 'Recognized' ratings by TEA as did CFISD. A new HS will open up in the area this Fall, Cypress Ranch, which will be another solid HS as well.

North of 290 (area running from 290 to 249): If you want new construction or very recent construction it's nearly built out. There are still a few little pockets of new/recent construction. You may want to look at Coles Crossing, Northlake Forest, Stillwater Village, Stable Gate, Tuscany, Park at Arbordale, Lakewood Crossing. (The nearby Tomball ISD portion of Cypress/Tomball/HP Area is still building in Village Creek, Lakes at Northpointe and Treeline.)

South of 290: Lots of choices in new construction as this is where the major growth is now taking place. Blackhorse Ranch is nice, as is Cypress Creek Lakes, Bridgeland has an especially neat plan as does Towne Lake which will have extensive lakes with marinas, outdoor amphitheaters, waterfront retail and what's being termed as the Central Business District for Cypress.

Further out on 290: Fairfield continues to boom, like many other large master-planned communities, begins to go more upscale as the original residents move up. A neat new outlet mall, a planned Towne Center and planned HEB set to go in near Fairfield. Lots of nice choices there as well with some of the best in nearby communities like Lakes of Fairhaven, which sits behind Fairfield (next to Saddle Ridge Estates).

(I'm sure I left out a bunch of other great communities so feel free to jump in and help out, Cypress residents.)

Note: If you want something a little bit older, say 5-15 years, there are excellent options in North Cypress/HP Corridor Area and you'll be able to find a lot of excellent choices in Longwood, Lakewood Oaks Estates, Lakewood Glen (all-custom homes) and surrounding neighborhoods in the $250k-$325k price range which is roughly the Avg price of these neighborhoods. This is a really beautiful area with the Longwood Golf Course, Great schools: Hamilton El. (Exemplary), Hamilton Middle (Exemplary) and Cy-Fair HS (Recognized). Good access to 249, HP and the Vintage retail as well as 290. There's a great little upscale Italian restaurant "Mezzanotte" right outside the neighborhood. Read the Houston Chronicle review here.

Last edited by Mr. Football; 08-05-2008 at 01:07 AM..

Old 08-04-2008, 11:51 PM

55 posts, read 167,604 times
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lakes at Northpointe
It's diverse. It's got the 50 foot lots and the 65 foot lots. All great for your price range. For that price, you could get a pretty swanky upgrade Brighton or Planation or Perry....

Old 08-06-2008, 02:00 AM

663 posts, read 2,255,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny57 View Post
Enclosed kitchen not open to family room, small master bathrooms, tub/shower unit, low ceilings, few windows, no fireplace. Buyers today are asking for open... flowing plans with fewer formal areas. In certain price ranges... media/theater rooms, pools & gourmet kitchens are expected. Crazy as it seems, they want fireplaces even though we don't have many cold days to use them...Sunny
Thank you for the info! Oddly enough, I find myself liking the less flowing floorplans, but that could be because I am from the Northeast.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:49 AM

166 posts, read 409,831 times
cypress question
Looking at many areas I have never seen so many homes in one for RENT
check these out http://www.vast.com/rentals/home/location-Cypress--TX/range-city

Also are any of these out of the loop or places to make friends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: