U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 11,756 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have found this beautiful community called Lake Shore Harbour in MIssouri City. Can anyone tell us anything about this community? We are new to Houston and have heard "bad" reviews of Missouri City. Does this community fall within Missouri city "bad" reviews?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 02:19 PM

1,750 posts, read 2,341,330 times
Lake Shore Harbour is a beautiful community, however for some, the schools that community is zoned to may be an issue.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:11 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,095,230 times
Any bad you heard was probably about the other zip. 77459 is the good zip in Missouri City. I think it's actually the wealthiest & most educated zip in the county after 77479.

The parts of Missouri City that border with Houston and Fresno have some problems. But no more problems than the northern areas of Sugar Land that border with Houston. So it's not really fair that Missouri City has a bad rep. In fact, it's pretty ridiculous (check out the median income and education levels... much higher than most of Houston).

That being said, some of the schools in Missouri City have issues. Elkins HS is ranked well, but the elementary and middle school for Lake Shore Harbour might need a second look.

IMO, the best areas of Missouri City are the First Colony sections (west areas that border with Sugar Land) and Riverstone. Both very nice and super-convenient to shopping, restaurants, and Sugar Land town square. I don't know much about Sienna Plantation, but a lot of people like it. Everything else... ehhh...

Old 10-10-2008, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 11,565 times
Default Lake Shore Harbour

I am living in the Lake Shore Harbour community and I can tell you that this is one of the best community I have found. I have looked all over Houston; however, you do not get anything better than Lake Shore Harbour. Most of us living in Lake Shore Harbour are professional.

I hope this help you with your decision in buying a home.

Good Luck.
David

Old 10-12-2008, 12:12 AM

35 posts, read 163,076 times
I looked into lake shore harbour and its gorgeous. its just way to far from where everything is.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:44 AM

530 posts, read 1,944,614 times
Isn't Sienna Plantation zoned to Hightower HS? That was the reason Sienna went off our list of possible options. Also re-check the zones. FBISD changed a lot this year. Just look very close and hard at anything zoned to Marshall or Hightower. There are some great bargains, though. In terms of what you get for the money, it's a sweet deal in MO City. We looked at some 2400 sq/ft houses in Quail Valley for 125k and there was nothing wrong with them. Move-in ready, often updated homes.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:57 PM

5 posts, read 21,661 times
Actually, Sienna is zoned to both Hightower and Elkins. Those living east of Sienna Parkway go to Hightower, west go to Elkins. This will all change when the new H.S. opens in 2010.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:38 PM

3,106 posts, read 8,717,921 times
Does anyone have any current feedback on Lake Shore Harbour? Are the houses "decently" (much lower than from across the street at Sienna) priced because of the schools to which it is zoned?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:45 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,520,412 times
Actually the elementary school is exemplary, and the High School is Elkins. I have always thought Lake Shore Harbour is a steal for the money, and there is so much water, and the water is right in your backyard with a boat dock and walkway. Just my opinion, but I love it.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,691 times
I lived in Lake Shore Harbour. I looked at it one afternoon and signed the papers on buying a house that same day. I was really excited about the lakes and how nice the house was. After living there 3 years I just had to get out. There was no way i was going to send my kids to those schools!!! All hours of the night you will hear music from the cars andthe parties that go on there. I called the police many times for niose. My kids would be woken up in the middle of the night from the noise all the way across the lake. I hated it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>