Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:55 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,698 times

Advertisements

living in Sugar Land First Colony area.. lost power for 6 whole days.

but there were neighborhoods in my area that got power back on within 48 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
I'm in Seabrook. According to our zip...we should not have power...but thankfully, it was restored Fri nite....7 days without! We do have a gas powered generator that helped us through those long miserable days. Mother nature helped out as well, bringing us a little bit cooler weather.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:49 PM

142 posts, read 999,542 times
I'm in Auburn Lakes in Spring..our power was not due to come back on until after Thursday, some of the subdivision got it back Saturday night and the rest of us around 3am last night. So hang in there, sometimes it comes back faster than predicted. The bad part is, my Direct TV was working fine all day and this afternoon power went out for less than an minute and now no satellite signal.. I called and they said there must be an interference and to call back in 3 days if I don't here from a tech to schedule a service call. Could be a few weeks!!! Has anyone had a similar problem with satellite?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM

10 posts, read 28,671 times
I live in the Heights, I lost power for less than 24 hours. It came back on at 10pm-ish Saturday night. We didn't even realize at first, until we noticed that the ceiling fan was spinning... Cable came back on Thursday, so it's back to normal for me.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:11 PM

40 posts, read 184,571 times
In Clearlake, we rode out the storm in our apartment...lost power at 5:30pm on the 12th, Friday, and though we were blessed with no damage to our unit, a water leak set our smoke alarms off (hard wired) and after 2 days, we were going loco, so went to Dallas. Apparantley the power came on Sunday night (probably as we were leaving!). Other than a brief blip last night (Sunday, the 21st) we've had good power. Unfortunately, the older phase of our apts, including the office, got power Friday, the 19th, but it was off again today. After driving around today, i'm so overwhelmed by the devastation in our area...Nasa 1, Kemah waterfront...one of our favorite places to buy fresh fish, TH Seafood, GONE...nothing left but the pilings...though we've only been here 14 months, we'd fallen in love with this area. Feels like we've lost a dear friend...or at least, a dear friend is in critical condition.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Holy guacamole, I am here! We got power this weekend, but only this morning got internet. I don't have time to read much but I hope everyone is okay. Lots of Houston sized hugs to all!!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 AM

54 posts, read 192,242 times
77068, no power here yet... acc. to Centerpoint's list, our zip's been at 77% of customers without power but yesterday that went down to 44%. I'm hoping they want to keep lowering that % and not think 44 is a good number.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 AM

684 posts, read 2,110,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeG71 View Post
I'm in Auburn Lakes in Spring..our power was not due to come back on until after Thursday, some of the subdivision got it back Saturday night and the rest of us around 3am last night. So hang in there, sometimes it comes back faster than predicted. The bad part is, my Direct TV was working fine all day and this afternoon power went out for less than an minute and now no satellite signal.. I called and they said there must be an interference and to call back in 3 days if I don't here from a tech to schedule a service call. Could be a few weeks!!! Has anyone had a similar problem with satellite?
How close is Legends Ranch to you? Do you know if they have power?? We have friends there

Old 09-23-2008, 12:50 PM

142 posts, read 999,542 times
I know Imperial Oaks has power and they are pretty close to Legends Ranch. We are on the other side of 45.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:00 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Almost everything along the South Loop between Main and Stella Link is still in the dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston