Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:18 PM

951 posts, read 1,451,195 times

Advertisements

I am in Houston in Galleria everywhere I go I can find soda but I need water, where can I get water

Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:52 PM

421 posts, read 1,726,335 times
Whole Foods on Alabama.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:27 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,836,889 times
Try any HEB location... many of them are open and have bottled water from what I hear. If you can't find any near you, try outside of town some (like Sugar Land or Katy)

Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
This info was given out on another thread and on KHOU but want to pass it on.
If you are still in your home, you have gallons of drinkable water (although I would still boil it) in your water heater. There should be a knob you can turn it off at the top where the water goes into the water heater. Then there is a valve at the bottom of the tank. When you turn this have a container to catch it or attach a hose to it. Let the first gallon or so run off as there is more than likely sediment in it. Then you have water after that. 45-55 gallons should last you a while.
I hope that helps and good luck!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:10 PM

874 posts, read 2,892,917 times
Many Walgreen's are open, too. If you go to Store Locator on their site and put in your zip or put in Houston, it will list the nearest locations - click on each one and it will tell you if they are open or not.

In-laws got some stuff at Whole Foods mentioned above and a Wal Mart near Katy.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:41 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Kroger @ Buffallo Speedway and Westpark has resumed operations. Whole Foods at Kirby and West Alabama is back online.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 PM

684 posts, read 2,109,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
This info was given out on another thread and on KHOU but want to pass it on.
If you are still in your home, you have gallons of drinkable water (although I would still boil it) in your water heater. There should be a knob you can turn it off at the top where the water goes into the water heater. Then there is a valve at the bottom of the tank. When you turn this have a container to catch it or attach a hose to it. Let the first gallon or so run off as there is more than likely sediment in it. Then you have water after that. 45-55 gallons should last you a while.
I hope that helps and good luck!
That is wonderful advise. Thank you! Sometimes it's difficult to think of things when you are in the middle of it...

Old 09-15-2008, 04:30 PM

499 posts, read 2,156,559 times
water? i need cold Shiner. this sitting around or cleaning the yard, realizing theres no power for a while and kids will be home for at least a week... i want a nice iced mocha too. but all i get is 'daddy when is the internet back on??' do you know what happens during blackouts? an increase in births 9 mos. forward. i have 6 already - dont need more. help!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:50 PM

69 posts, read 239,727 times
H.E.B. & if you can not get to one try Office Max & Office Depot on Westheimer. The water is about $1 more than other stores but they have some or had anyway.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:57 AM

684 posts, read 2,109,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivax View Post
water? i need cold Shiner. this sitting around or cleaning the yard, realizing theres no power for a while and kids will be home for at least a week... i want a nice iced mocha too. but all i get is 'daddy when is the internet back on??' do you know what happens during blackouts? an increase in births 9 mos. forward. i have 6 already - dont need more. help!
Ha Ha!! too too funny Reivax!! just repeat after me...there's nothin' like a cold shower, there's nothin' like a cold shower...

or maybe, take a walk????

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston