Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,489,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Glad we don't have these high-school level games going on in our cul-de-sac. There is some parking in front of the houses from time to time, but there is mutual respect for each other. After 11pm most of the cars are moved into the garages & driveways. I've never once had a problem trying to get out of the driveways. After living on both sides of the fence, being in a neighborhood with generally educated & professional neighbors tends to help.

eh, The Woodlands is supposed to be educated and some kind of upper level management. It killed me that everyday some parked behind my driveway so I had to pull out of my garage at some neck breaking angle. I just think it helps not to live on a cul-de-sac with entitled jackasses to tell you the truth.

Viva la grid system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 08:20 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,694,805 times
Yeah, entitlement or lack thereof is also key.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,410,939 times
Thankfully, we live on a cul-de-sac and expeirence none of these problems!
I agree with SpyGuy...the spot in front of your house is public property...as frustrating as it seems, police can not/will not do anything about it. And unless parking on the street (period) is against HOA laws,they too have their hands tied.
Many years ago, we lived in Kingwood, and the jerk next door decided he'd start his own church. Every Sunday, we had gobs of cars showing up, parking in front of the house, blocking the driveway, and walkway, kids running all over and dropping their trash all over my lawn. Requests to them went on deaf ears (surprise, surprise)...so we did the sprinkler thing. Aimed those suckers right at the cars! Would you believe, he asked us NOT to run our sprinklers?????
When one car parked constantly blocking our walkway...somehow, someway nails were thrown and lo and behold, he was the first to get 2, TWO flat tires. My husband commented to him....you like the spot so much, guess you'll be there a little longer than planned!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,877 times
Ahh neighbors....
I used to have cigarette butts from one neighbor but that's been resolved with me raking all the cigarette butts into their driveway. It took 3 occurrances but the third time was a charm... at least I think so.

Lawn clippings is a problem occasionally from another neighbor, If I'm not home I guess they think they can leave grass all over my driveway but It's raked right onto their lawn.

And doggie do is a doggie don't! No solution for that one yet. It's just the luck of catching them in the act to stop it. I'm thinking of getting a strong pesticide for both that and bugs but iono.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:29 AM

759 posts, read 3,183,877 times
I had the dog issue in my old house...easy solution...go to sam's club, buy the hot cayenne pepper powder ($4), sprinkle it around your perimeter and where the dog does his thing...it will NEVER come back a few sniff and the dog will run for dear life...this fixed my DOG crap issue...even when people walked their dogs near my house for awhile the dogs would pull their owners away to the other side of the street. GLAD dogs have such a strong sense of smell :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Ahh neighbors....
I used to have cigarette butts from one neighbor but that's been resolved with me raking all the cigarette butts into their driveway. It took 3 occurrances but the third time was a charm... at least I think so.

Lawn clippings is a problem occasionally from another neighbor, If I'm not home I guess they think they can leave grass all over my driveway but It's raked right onto their lawn.

And doggie do is a doggie don't! No solution for that one yet. It's just the luck of catching them in the act to stop it. I'm thinking of getting a strong pesticide for both that and bugs but iono.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,402,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I just think it helps not to live on a cul-de-sac with entitled jackasses to tell you the truth.

Amen, and they are everywhere. It sucks!!

Old 10-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,865 times
how come we can have gated communities if the streets are public property? I think if you have a valid reason to park infront of other people's house you should be the one give them a heads up

Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
A strategically placed egg on the driver's side door handle says things that words cannot.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:44 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,410,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
A strategically placed egg on the driver's side door handle says things that words cannot.
LOL...teach me oh wise one! Never heard of that!

Old 10-02-2008, 12:47 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL...teach me oh wise one! Never heard of that!
My other idea involved a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher but that may run afoul of HOA regulations, if not some others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston