Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:27 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,253,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Go Pack!

Take that.
i dare you to run into the fox sports grill and say that. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,412,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
i dare you to run into the fox sports grill and say that. lol
I'd do it. Besides, Packer fans are everywhere.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:15 PM

327 posts, read 752,512 times
On a positive note, they're playing the Lions this week. Too bad this next game, if they win it, should have put them at a 500 record.

That Colts game was worse than the Oilers/Bills history making game from way back. This game you knew you had it won, then they lost all of a sudden. The Oilers/Bills game you got to slowly watch them fall apart, but at least you kinda saw it coming.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 PM

52,577 posts, read 47,720,859 times
Default Playing For Something

At least, the Texans still have something to play for. They pulled it out against Miami, so that's out of the way. Yes, they should have handled them better than they did, but that's not an issue now. I still have faith that they can pull it together and the most brutal part of their schedule is overwith, so they have no choice but to try to get some confidence built again. I predicted them for 9-7, and there's still a chance of that, but there wouldn't be room for much error from here on out. All the remaining games this month are at home, and they've got Detroit this week, and it's on FOX (Channel 26 for y'all) at 3:15 on Sunday. Can't wait for that one!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:55 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,412,573 times
As a Packer fan I'm devastated that the Lions fired Matt Millen. Then again, the Lions will always find a way to suck miserably.

If the Texans lose Sunday, kiss 9-7 goodbye.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Default This Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
As a Packer fan I'm devastated that the Lions fired Matt Millen. Then again, the Lions will always find a way to suck miserably.

If the Texans lose Sunday, kiss 9-7 goodbye.
I don't want to jinx it, but here's my prediction right here. Slaton will get a touchdown, and, perhaps, maybe a Schaub-to-Andre pass, too. Mario will have three sacks. Texans by 10.

And that may be conservative, but who knows?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:56 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,324,903 times
Quote:
well, it's not a written rule, but no one is really supposed to like the texans. being a cowboys fan is the texas way. city loyalty is not a good enough reason to support the houston texans.
I'm gonna hafta disagree with you on that one, and I suspect some of my fellow Houstonians will as well. Being a Cowboys fan is the Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and the remainder of the U.S.' way...starting with that "America's Team" B.S. that just about sent me over the top.

I don't think anyone doubts you on the city loyalty thing; however, we Oilers fans have one thing other cities do not: hope. Hope that maybe the Texans will become what we need to regain that feeling again, that team love and loyalty we all want in this city. We don't want to love them BECAUSE of our city, we want to love them in spite of it. It's hard to do with the colossal blunders they make, but if you look at the stadium and see the fans you can see that old Oiler spirit that has never died.

So there's my sentimental sappiness coming out.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:06 PM

Default All-Texas For The Big Game ----- Someday

I just want to see an All-Texas Super Bowl sometime in my life. Such is the kind of thing I've been dreaming about for years. And I really believe it's going to happen one of these years. That is, as soon as the Texans get their marbles together and if the Cowboys stop choking in the first round of the playoffs. It's bound to happen and it ought to. I also believe that America does want to see this, because football is a religion in this state. It is the very thing that can bring all Texans together.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,253,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I'm gonna hafta disagree with you on that one, and I suspect some of my fellow Houstonians will as well. Being a Cowboys fan is the Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, and the remainder of the U.S.' way...starting with that "America's Team" B.S. that just about sent me over the top.

I don't think anyone doubts you on the city loyalty thing; however, we Oilers fans have one thing other cities do not: hope. Hope that maybe the Texans will become what we need to regain that feeling again, that team love and loyalty we all want in this city. We don't want to love them BECAUSE of our city, we want to love them in spite of it. It's hard to do with the colossal blunders they make, but if you look at the stadium and see the fans you can see that old Oiler spirit that has never died.

So there's my sentimental sappiness coming out.
they have a point by calling the Cowboys "America's Team". it is one of the most popular sports teams in the world, period. Big franchise. and i'm going to have to disagree that it's just a dallas, sa, and austin thing to be fans of the cowboys. i've lived all over texas, and i've never had a conversation with a true texans fan. Point is, the Cowboys ARE IT. even in houston. especially this season, granted we're going thru a rough patch right now with injuries and suspensions and a game not so well played recently.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,324,903 times
Quote:
they have a point by calling the Cowboys "America's Team". it is one of the most popular sports teams in the world, period. Big franchise. and i'm going to have to disagree that it's just a dallas, sa, and austin thing to be fans of the cowboys. i've lived all over texas, and i've never had a conversation with a true texans fan. Point is, the Cowboys ARE IT. even in houston. especially this season, granted we're going thru a rough patch right now with injuries and suspensions and a game not so well played recently.

They're not "it" just because there is nothing else. That makes no sense. They're not "it" here in Houston, because any remotely true blue Oilers fan would NEVER be a Cowboys fan. Do you live here in Houston? Have you not seen the Texans fans in the stadium? I am confused. If there are no Texans fans, help me explain the following websites:

TexansTalk.com - Houston Texans Fan Site & Message Boards

http://www.imatexan.com/index.asp?bhcp=1

Houston Texans Message Boards - Powered by vBulletin

http://torotimes.com/

Look, I don't think we disagree here, I think you're just misunderstanding me. My point is that the Cowboys may be loved dearly in all parts of the country and the majority of Texas (I didn't mean just the metro areas of Austin, SA, etc), but not here in Houston. A lot of that has to do with the Oilers leaving us. That's not to say there aren't Cowboys fans here--of course there are. And, there are some that are Cowboys fans BECAUSE of the Texans. It will take a while before the Texans catch on. Give us a winning season or two and you'll see many more people around TX--and the country--rooting for Houston again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston