Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 03:19 AM

12 posts, read 25,694 times

Advertisements

Without invading anyone's privacy ,it will be helpful to know the reality about salaries/incomes in the HOU area...

Your anonymous comments are welcome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:26 AM

1,288 posts, read 4,936,309 times
can you be more specific? What type of jobs are you interested in?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:12 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,732,304 times
I don't think you can make anonymous comments on here, but regardless that is a very broad question.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:00 AM

742 posts, read 2,067,632 times
Monster Salary Center. Type in job title and select "Texas - Houston".

Old 09-19-2008, 09:41 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times
Salary.com has salary information by title and geographic area.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 AM

12 posts, read 25,694 times
Well,the idea of the post was real-life experiences by real people...
Anyway,the post proved not attractive,so better close it here...

Old 09-23-2008, 06:19 AM

83 posts, read 225,214 times
gaghous, I was following this thread as I am thinking of moving to HOU in Dec. I would be interested in what people's starting salaries were in entry level positions out of college. I am graduating in Dec with Bachelors, but I do have 10 years work experience. Normally with a 4 yr degree, entry level positions pay in a small range and then branch out as one has more experience. And I am curious if the starting salaries are as much as what is listed online. I'm still holding out hope someone will answer you :-)

Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 AM

54 posts, read 228,842 times
Default Raises for coming to Houston

My husband and I both received raises when coming to Houston from East Coast--I changed jobs, so that can be expected. He transfered with same company and same job and received a small increase. What was very appealing to us was the cost of living. Housing market is much cheaper here.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:41 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,680,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph22679VA View Post
gaghous, I was following this thread as I am thinking of moving to HOU in Dec. I would be interested in what people's starting salaries were in entry level positions out of college. I am graduating in Dec with Bachelors, but I do have 10 years work experience. Normally with a 4 yr degree, entry level positions pay in a small range and then branch out as one has more experience. And I am curious if the starting salaries are as much as what is listed online. I'm still holding out hope someone will answer you :-)
A bachelor's in what? Work experience in what? What kind of job are you seeking? The question the OP asked is too broad, like chris_ut said. It depends on what field you're going into. People can't answer properly and tell you what to expect without more specific info. And I don't think too many are going to volunteer their own salary histories on a public forum, as that's pretty personal. I know I'm not! But if you specify your field, maybe some will, or at least be able to give you a general idea of what to expect.

Last edited by houstoner; 09-23-2008 at 07:50 AM..

Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 AM

83 posts, read 225,214 times
No big deal houstoner. It's not that important, I check those salary.com things all the time and they are not accurate either. I check them for jobs in my area and I know that they are way off. I was asking about the general starting salaries for college grads to get an idea of what is the REAL going rate for entry level in Houston. Many entry level for new college grads are very smiliar, regardless of field. Like I said, I have experience, so I won't be entry level anyway. And that's fine if some don't divulge, it wouldn't bother me since no one knows who the heck I am on here, but each to his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston