Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2007, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 17,273 times

Advertisements

Hey everybody, I'm currently deployed to Iraq, and I'm from the Houston area (SE - La Porte/League City), but I'm stationed out of Washington. I met my wife in Korea and she came to be with me in Fort Lewis, and there's a VERY strong Korean population in Washington. I, however, do not wish to live in Washington. Are there any areas in/around Houston that are mainly Korean? Anybody know the zipcode, so I could look for appartments/houses in that area? Are there alot of Koreans in Houston? I just remember mainly Chinese and Vietnamese. Any help anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 17,273 times
basically, where are the korean neighborhoods. lol, that just came to me, i don't know why i had to type all that =/

Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,214 times
Long Point Rd, Houston (maps.google it) gessner rd is maybe the center point.
much of the better restaurants have popped up in alief chinatown tho. i have only one neighbor from korea so far

Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
Look in the spring branch area along Long Point from Wirt to Gessner there are several groceries, restaurants, book stores etc. There is also a Korean Catholic church off of FM249 just inside Bltwy 8 (really a beautiful piece of architecture) and another Korean protestant church off FM 290 at Fairbanks N Houston. My Aunt is Korean and she has always had a good social group to hang out with.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:34 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
There's a large Asian population and in Chinatown, there are a whole bunch of Korean restuarants popping up so I imagine there must be a large Korean population. IMO, Chinatown is just a melting pot of Asian cultures and I can't think of any Korean-specific communities. Maybe someobdy can offer better advice! Good luck

Old 10-26-2007, 02:37 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
LOTS of Koreans here! Not quite the size of the local Vietnamese population, but large in their own right. I can think of three Korean (or part-Korean) Presbyterian churches right off the top of my head, matter of fact. Hope you guys decide to make Houston your home, and may I just say a BIG THANK YOU to you and your fellow troops over there in Iraq! We love you and support you here in Texas!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,990,094 times
People are sort of innerspersed with each other. There is a very large Korean Presebetarian church off of Park Place in SE Houston.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:16 AM

1 posts, read 8,237 times
Default Looking for decent bar in K town.

I'll be in town for towards end of this month for a business trip. Is there any bars I can hang out? I'm 26 Korean. If you wanna keep me company it would be cool too. ha ha. I will be staying near long point area. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston