U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 03:38 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,986,013 times

Advertisements

Hi -
I've already been given a lead on a Christmas gift for a relative <g>. Their hammock ripped after 6+ years outdoors. It was originally from Oshman's, which apparently was bought out by Sports Authority.

They have a hammock on their website for $99...not sure if it's considered a "double" or two-person style, which is what they want.

Other than going with SA...any other recommendations on a sturdy model and where to get it? I think we'd like to keep it under $150... They only need the hammock itself (not a stand); the attached chains will connect it to two trees.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,122,875 times
I always check amazon.com

Old 10-21-2008, 05:18 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,162,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Hi -
I've already been given a lead on a Christmas gift for a relative <g>. Their hammock ripped after 6+ years outdoors. It was originally from Oshman's, which apparently was bought out by Sports Authority.

They have a hammock on their website for $99...not sure if it's considered a "double" or two-person style, which is what they want.

Other than going with SA...any other recommendations on a sturdy model and where to get it? I think we'd like to keep it under $150... They only need the hammock itself (not a stand); the attached chains will connect it to two trees.

Thanks!
I've been looking to get a hammock, and based on reviews I've read, I'm probably going with a Pawley's Island hammock.

They have a quilted model here: Cabela's -- Pawleys Island DuraCord® Quilted Hammock

And also a rope style here: Cabela's -- Pawleys Island DuraCord® Rope Hammocks®

They are suppose to be very sturdy, 2 person hammocks that are rated at 450lbs+. They also sell them in a big and tall catalog, so they should hold up well.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:28 PM

70 posts, read 415,470 times
L.L.Bean Official Site: Winter Outerwear and Outdoor Gear for the Whole Family of course!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:54 AM

1,694 posts, read 3,986,013 times
Thanks everyone! Good suggestions all. I didn't even think about the cotton vs. polyester rope question... the latter sounds like a better choice, especially since reviewers do say it's very soft. L.L. Bean takes things back even years later, I think...so maybe that's the big selling point.
Always appreciate the helpful folks on this forum!

Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 AM

1,970 posts, read 3,960,921 times
Can't go wrong with this
The Cocoon Hammock
Cocoon Hammock with Terrace Base by Henry Hall Designs (http://www.henryhalldesigns.com/kkn260_studio.htm - broken link)
But the question is can you afford it...

Old 10-22-2008, 09:47 AM

9,022 posts, read 12,624,780 times
Default Try the Hammock District

Hank: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that?
Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut,
that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got
Put-Your-Butt-There?
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact,
they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on
third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston