Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM

18 posts, read 96,286 times

Advertisements

I'm sad to hear the negative comments about the area because I've already booked my flight! My husband and I felt that after 25 years in Florida we were ready for something different. We're almost 40 and if we're going to do it, just do it and go somewhere where we have access to some of the things we enjoy,
like outdoor activities,and of course, what was most important, is raising our 6 year old in a wonderful, small, may it be, but wonderful community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 06:09 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingirl View Post
I'm sad to hear the negative comments about the area because I've already booked my flight! My husband and I felt that after 25 years in Florida we were ready for something different. We're almost 40 and if we're going to do it, just do it and go somewhere where we have access to some of the things we enjoy,
like outdoor activities,and of course, what was most important, is raising our 6 year old in a wonderful, small, may it be, but wonderful community.
Don't be discouraged. I visit Lufkin very often because I have family there and the town is very nice. The Lufkin I remember as a kid is so much different from the Lufkin I see today. There has been a lot of development so you will find a lot of big city amenities there without sacrificing the small town charm. I think you will enjoy your stay there.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:37 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Have a friend who is a teacher in Diboll, wife teaching as well. They live in Lufkin - love it - and are looking forward to raising a family there.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,529 times
It is sad that Fishinggirl and so many others here are afraid of Christians. Perhaps their morals are so low that they are uncomfortable around people who have any. Instead of concentrating on where you are going to live now, you should concentrate on where to spend your eternity. Hell is a hot place and once you move there, you can't leave.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:56 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
People who tell you how moral they are typically are the ones you gotta watch out for.

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-18-2009, 08:27 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbedc View Post
It is sad that Fishinggirl and so many others here are afraid of Christians. Perhaps their morals are so low that they are uncomfortable around people who have any. Instead of concentrating on where you are going to live now, you should concentrate on where to spend your eternity. Hell is a hot place and once you move there, you can't leave.
You are responding to a post so old it is growing fur. And the poster you are talking to has been gone from this forum for just as long.

This is also not about hokus pokus beliefs in the sky or if there is a bad man under ground with fire who will judge us. And I also went back many posts trying to see where anyone said they do not like Christians but I was unsuccesfull.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:02 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,312,458 times
Cleveland, Livingston, Shepard, Seven Oaks basically the closer the Houston the better.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 PM

178 posts, read 227,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Yeah recently visited someone in Lufkin recently - decent schools, nice home for the price - didn't seem bad from the surface visit.

If you are worried about Christians - then you might as well move to Mars - there are here in every city and every state. Not sure why people seem to have such a fear of having anything religious mentioned to them..........all you have to do is say you prefer to keep your beliefs private.
True, and I am thankful to God as well, and looking seriously at the Nacogdoches area I have a close, gal-friend that lives in Houston, but I read that Nacogdoches has more mod temperatures. Hoping that's true.

On the inhabitants of places in the US, there are all kinds everywhere.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:34 PM

1,132 posts, read 2,124,653 times
Sorry to see so many threads turn into a Christian bashing exercise. Seems like Christians are the ONLY group thats so cool to bash. Anyway, back to the real estate discussion, Livingston might be a good choice. Hwy 59 (now called "69" by some) makes the commute north or south doable.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:14 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Sorry to see so many threads turn into a Christian bashing exercise. Seems like Christians are the ONLY group thats so cool to bash. Anyway, back to the real estate discussion, Livingston might be a good choice. Hwy 59 (now called "69" by some) makes the commute north or south doable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston