Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 PM

279 posts, read 1,159,645 times

Advertisements

I have been speaking with some realtors at Apartment.Guru's, etc...but so far nobody found what i'm looking for. This sucks. One last plea...
I'm looking in Galleria, Westchase, Inner Loop, Montrose, Museum, Theatre, Uptown, Downtown, or 20 minutes outside of these city points including traffic time.....don't want Spring or Katy or an hour away...do not want to sit in traffic every morning or night. I'm from NY so I'm used to traffic, but doesn't mean I want it every day and just b/c I'm from NY doesn't mean I want to overspend either....i'm leaving b/c its too expensive here. $600/ $650 updated preferred. Do not want run down and old and in crappy areas. I see them advertised on Apartments.Com and Craigslist, AIMCO, etc, I reply but nobody calls or emails back....This can't be that hard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 11:32 PM

247 posts, read 734,362 times
Have you tried the online edition of the Houston Press www.houstonpress.com ? It is Houston weekly paper that you can find in the Inner Loop. They have lots of lofts, apartments and condos listed in their classified section. I cut and pasted a few listings as an example of what they have advertised in the last few days. If you aren't able to find something before you get here on Sunday you might consider staying some place like a Marriot Residence Inn for a few days. It will be easier to find something you like once you're here. There is a nice Marriot Residence Inn in the Galleria area that has free internet access, a full size kitchen, free parking, a fitness facility on-site and guest laundry facilities. This is their link and physical address: Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria: Spacious suites and amenities for longer stays 2500 McCue Road, Houston, Texas 77056 USA, Phone: 1-713-840-9757
I hope this helps.

AFTON OAKS $620 713-268-2200 WESTHEIMER LOFT LIVING Live on Westheimer - 1 bedroom Townhome Loft - lots of windows, cozy floorplan with open kitchen, and private backyard with patio. Only $620! Citihomes 713-268-2200. Email: citihomeswest@citihomestx.com
Bedrooms: 1
Rent: $620

$650, Montrose/upper kirby perfectly suited for you 2030 w.main: lrg 1/1,...
$650, Cute downstairs 1/1 in small gated complex, tile throughout, two... (Houston Downtown)
$650, Cute 1/1 near herman park, fresh paint, new carpet, built-ins,... (Houston Downtown)
$625, Area all bills paid! student paradise in the heart of... (Galleria/Westchase)
$600, Innerloop/galleria from abuzz! immediate move in & 3 mo. free!...
$625, Galleria-area (1/1) & $750 (2/1) check out these specials! 1/1...
$650, 2br, 2 Bath Apt/813-1250SF/Pool/Fireplace/Great DEAL!!! (Clear Lake)

Tue. Oct. 28
$650, 2br, 2 Bed, 1 Bath Garage Apartment (Heights)
$619, Luxurious living! near west u, bay windows, over-sized 1st floor... (Bellaire, Galleria/Westchase and Innerloop)

Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Thank you very much Mommy!! I just responded to a few and hopefully I hear something back.
All the people I spoke with never even told me something was available in my range. Some of those not so nice inside but its a starter as how I look at it. The hotel you suggested didn't have anything for my days and was very expensive.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:00 AM

40 posts, read 213,011 times
Um, aren't you the same person who wanted $650 apartment to include all bills? That might be where you are going wrong.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM

247 posts, read 734,362 times
My pleasure Texas Boi. If the Marriot doesn't work for you I would try Priceline.com. If you type in the City and the days you are looking for they will give you a list of available hotels, the best prices and a map of where the hotels are all located. I saw some very inexpensive rates on Priceline for hotels right off highway 59 in Sugar Land and Stafford. I live in Sugar Land and drive to Kirby and the Galleria area at least twice a week and if it is not rush hour it usually only takes me about 20 to 25 minutes.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikato View Post
Um, aren't you the same person who wanted $650 apartment to include all bills? That might be where you are going wrong.
That was a want not a need. I've been seeing them in the Greensheet Classifields and wanted to know if there were anymore.
I may check AIMCO, The Arbors in Weistheimer in the Galleria area.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy/Artist/Lawyer View Post
My pleasure Texas Boi. If the Marriot doesn't work for you I would try Priceline.com. If you type in the City and the days you are looking for they will give you a list of available hotels, the best prices and a map of where the hotels are all located. I saw some very inexpensive rates on Priceline for hotels right off highway 59 in Sugar Land and Stafford. I live in Sugar Land and drive to Kirby and the Galleria area at least twice a week and if it is not rush hour it usually only takes me about 20 to 25 minutes.

How long do you think living in Sugarland to Galleria area if in rush hour? 45 minutes?

Old 11-04-2008, 12:00 PM

here's another problem, i can get an apartment with AIMCO but without a job first nobody is renting to me, this is unbelievable, some of those people at apartment guru's said the same thing

Old 11-04-2008, 12:01 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,329,921 times
Boi,

Go to the website of In the Loop Properties on Waugh in Houston. They specialize on rentals inside the loop, as their name suggests. They also have an affiliation with buildings they renovate themselves and don't advertise. Their service is free and the website reviews of them are very good.
I spoke with an agent there before I moved down here, but as I was thinking Sugar Land and points west of Houston city proper, he acknowledged he was more interested in helping people who want to live INside the loop.

Oh...I didn't have a job either when I rented. The property mgmt company wanted to see three times the annual rent in the bank, which I was able to do. (I had just sold my NYC metro co-op when I moved.) If a mgmt company really likes you, they would probably work with you on that requirement...or you might offer, say, three or four months' rent upfront as you jobhunt. Try to think outside the box and ask them to do the same. I also was at one place that wanted SIX times annual rent in the bank, which was ridiculous.

Last edited by catfancier; 11-04-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,700,194 times
My landlord will rent to you no job as long as you have money and you can do short term, maybe even a week! He even gave me a break and rented to me despite my felony!

He rents Medical Center Apts, he's at - Moderator cut: email address - say you got this from Jesse!

You should have very little problems finding a place to rent! I have a felony and have problems at a lot of places because of that!

Only place I saw $650 all bills paid was crap.

How much are you paying motel / what motel?

Before I moved here I got an internet rate from Motel 6 and stayed 10 days till I found my Apt.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-03-2008 at 09:43 PM.. Reason: Per ToS, Bad idea to post email address because of web crawlers/spammers - request contact by DM instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston