Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,197 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know if the retail at The Vintage (Louetta and 249) is still coming? We've been there to check it out since back in May, and it doesn't look like there is much activity, other than a few restaurants, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:51 AM

530 posts, read 2,036,342 times
I know when I was up in Spring that I was annoyed when Kelsey-Seybold moved over there! It's in BFE. Is it a prime shopping spot or do most people up there go more to the Willowbrook area?

Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 AM

407 posts, read 1,735,853 times
They are still trying to fill it in but it seems like it's mostly restaurants. We know the owners of the new wine bar "Brix Wine Cellar" and we went there the other night. It was great and had a good sized crowd. Sho-gun and Fish City grill also looked busy but I haven't eaten there. I have eaten at Cheeburger Cheeburger and it was good. I like the toy store too but I don't buy many toys anymore. I used to shop at it regularly when it was at it's old location on Louetta. I live near-by and would love to shop/eat/hang-out there and never go anywhere near Willowbrook again (too much traffic and it's too hard to get around). I know I am not alone in that feeling.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:43 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,436,288 times
I have heard through the grapevine that they had several retailers pull out due to the downturn in the economy and not wanting to risk expansion at this time. They also have a list of "coming soon" retailers that are not there yet.

I think the location is awesome and they have really done a nice job on the center itself. I predict once the economy turns around it will fill up quickly. Also, I'm all for more restaurants in that area. They should be able to stay in business if they have good lunch, due to HP being right across the street.

There are many people in this area that would love to shop in that location and not have to go to Willowbrook. I think that is why the Champions Forest/1960 shopping centers have been so successful, people not wanting to deal with traffic and stuff around Willowbrook and I predict the same once they get some more shopping in the Vintage.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,385 times
We love the Vintage Park, Brix is awesome but we would love to see retail come in ASAPI don't like going to WillowBrook to shop. It's like a 3rd world country over there!Any news on why it seems that the Vintage Di Vita Townhomes have slowed down with building out?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:32 PM

I'll go ahead and comment on the this resurrected thread. The Vintage has added a bunch of restaurants, most of them are great. Mia Bella and Peli Peli are very nice, and the Friday/Saturday crowds are pretty big in the area.

There is still a big lack of retail. I think its only a matter of time. As the restaurants draw more crowds, retail will HAVE to move in.

My thinking is the rent is too high for the area right now.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:58 AM

702 posts, read 1,235,610 times
What restaurants do you guys recommend in the Vintage? The home I purchased is less than five minutes away......

Old 12-27-2011, 08:32 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,327 times
Peli Peli was pretty good...went there for brunch once and had bottomless mimosas and good breakfast. haven't had their lunch or dinner yet though

Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,901,219 times
Another vote for Peli Peli. Unique, and can eat reasonably.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:49 PM

Has anyone tried Strata yet? I was told it is a little pricey but worth it from a coworker, but I'd like other opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston