Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 10:06 AM

17 posts, read 60,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
Updated:

Thanks Guerrajr did you upgrade the water heater?? I noticed you have two of them or does it come with two water heater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 10:53 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,848 times
It's standard. You can upgrade the capacity.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:19 PM

INspector is doing the pre-sheet rock inspection tomorrow.
Insulation goes in on MOnday. I have my pre sheet rock meeting with building sup. Tuesday.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:32 AM

It was inspected yesterday. The inspector said they are doing a good job so far. Seems like the gas line guy was a little lazy and didn't secure the fireplace line and also put one close to some nails that are rubbing. A few nails missing in the wind bracing. Other than that he said it looked good.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:09 AM

That is great news it seems they do build very good homes. Do you know when your closing date? I hope that goes well and no surprise on the numbers, that is what I am worried about.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagirl03 View Post
That is great news it seems they do build very good homes. Do you know when your closing date? I hope that goes well and no surprise on the numbers, that is what I am worried about.
I don't think there should be any issues with the numbers. It's been pretty straight forward with my sales guy. I signed papers with numbers, so whatever I signed i agreed to.

I also made the effort to verify the closing costs given to me by the lender. NOW if that's off, I'm going to hold them accountable, because I triple assured that number wouldn't be off. I was even told that was on the high end.

Regardless, if anyone tries to pull some crap on us, we'll walk away if it's some absurd.

But my house is being fixed right now, the few details that were found. Its suppose to be re-inspected this Friday

Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
I don't think there should be any issues with the numbers. It's been pretty straight forward with my sales guy. I signed papers with numbers, so whatever I signed i agreed to.

I also made the effort to verify the closing costs given to me by the lender. NOW if that's off, I'm going to hold them accountable, because I triple assured that number wouldn't be off. I was even told that was on the high end.

Regardless, if anyone tries to pull some crap on us, we'll walk away if it's some absurd.

But my house is being fixed right now, the few details that were found. Its suppose to be re-inspected this Friday
How did the re-inspection go on Friday?? Also did you finally get a closing date?? New pictures of your home?

Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagirl03 View Post
How did the re-inspection go on Friday?? Also did you finally get a closing date?? New pictures of your home?
It passed. They had guys working on issues from Monday - Thursday. It began sheet rock that following Saturday, and sheet rock was done yesterday morning. The texture was done in the evening. The brick/stone is about 40% done now. I'm assuming at some point this week the trim guy will stop and start doing the door frames, staircase rails, baseboards, etc...

I'm going to take pics tonight, i went yesterday, but i didn't have my camera with me.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 PM

The building supervisor said 50 days from when they start sheet rock. So that would put it around mid-November completion. They give a 30 day notice before completion for closing day, so that should be in about a week or two.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM

Brick Underway, and Sheetrock DONE!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston