Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 11:06 AM

191 posts, read 535,770 times

Advertisements

We are planning to sign the final contract with westin at Reserve at Brazos town center in rosenberg. I'm wondering if somebody here has their house build there? Our house will be 4000/sft with radiant barrier and couple AC unit. how much electricity should i expect? We are 4 ppl in the house and keep the temperature 78 down stairs and 79 upstairs during the day. At night 74 in each 4 rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 11:38 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,470 times
Will depend on which way your house is facing
If you use blinds
How any electronics and appliances you use
What rate you get for electricity.

Guessing around 200$-325$ summer time

You can upgrade insulation, Vinly windows, ac seer level, cfl/led bulbs, and enery start appliances.
That will help a lot towards your energy bill

Old 11-23-2011, 12:12 PM

19 posts, read 70,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sullah View Post
We are planning to sign the final contract with westin at Reserve at Brazos town center in rosenberg. I'm wondering if somebody here has their house build there? Our house will be 4000/sft with radiant barrier and couple AC unit. how much electricity should i expect? We are 4 ppl in the house and keep the temperature 78 down stairs and 79 upstairs during the day. At night 74 in each 4 rooms.

What was your incentive amount. We are bargaining incentive amount at riverstone, they offered me $15000.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36a42 View Post
What was your incentive amount. We are bargaining incentive amount at riverstone, they offered me $15000.

This is a inventory house but the house is still in contruction ..We are still negociating..

Old 11-23-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
Will depend on which way your house is facing
If you use blinds
How any electronics and appliances you use
What rate you get for electricity.

Guessing around 200$-325$ summer time

You can upgrade insulation, Vinly windows, ac seer level, cfl/led bulbs, and enery start appliances.
That will help a lot towards your energy bill

There are lots of windows this house especially living room which has high ceiling and large window. We will use blinds only in bedrooms. they are offering
low e windows, A/C seer level is 14.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 PM

660 posts, read 1,616,529 times
i also have westin homes. i got 8% incentive.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,900 times
New Energy Star requirements require VINYL windows...this shouldn't be an upgrade.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
This is a inventory house but the house is still in contruction ..We are still negociating..
I've seen inventory homes get up to 16% discount, depending how long they are on the market.

Check this on out...
5910 Beeston Hall Court, Spring, TX 77388 - HAR.com
IT JUST SOLD Last Week

Quote:
There are lots of windows this house especially living room which has high ceiling and large window. We will use blinds only in bedrooms. they are offering
low e windows, A/C seer level is 14.
That's standard, I think only Cardiff Ranch and Discovery @ Spring Trails have higher efficiency standard. The windows in the living room can be a killer if you face your living room right towards the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
New Energy Star requirements require VINYL windows...this shouldn't be an upgrade.
Either way, at least in my community, Westin doesn't have the homes certified by Energy Star. So that's why the radiant barrier and vinyl windows aren't standard. However everything else they do is very efficent, i compared them to Plantation/Meritage and Chesmar and houses look almost alike before the sheet rock/brick goes up.

I know Discovery @ Spring Trails uses the EFL certification, so those get all that stuff included, even Solar Panels. Then again the same floor plan is about 45K more on average.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM

so basically to make house efficient, i need to ask for

1. Radiant barrier (already there)
2. e low window (already there)
3. increase insulation in the walls
4. increase a/c seer (14 is standard ask for 15?)
5. energy saving bulbs

what else i can ask for?

Old 11-23-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
so basically to make house efficient, i need to ask for

1. Radiant barrier (already there)
2. e low window (already there)
3. increase insulation in the walls
4. increase a/c seer (14 is standard ask for 15?)
5. energy saving bulbs

what else i can ask for?
Increase the roof and exterior wall insulation

check if your windows are metal or if vinyl , if metail is let's efficent because metal heats up and that heat will go inside the home, and same with cold. Vinyl doesn't have that issue, but it allows more exterior noise to be heard inside your home.

the bulbs, i would suggest to to after you move in, builder might want to charge an arm and a leg, plus if you do it afterwards, you can choose for each specific location

a/c i would say 16+ , 1 seer is not going to make much of any difference. but that might get expensive, and overall might take a while to break even on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston