Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM

3 posts, read 6,376 times

Advertisements

We moved into our Westin home back in October. So far everything has been great! We have not had any issues with the home. It took about 6 months to build the home. I believed my fiance used their recommended title company and the guy was able to get him a great deal.

We live out in Northcrest Village, the new section. Westin was always quick to respond to any calls and the sales agent out here routinely drives around the block to make sure everything is going as planned.

We actually chose Westin after looking at Travis Homes. I would NOT do business with them. We had numerous issues with Travis homes and their overall way of doing business forced us to send a demand letter and threaten legal action.

We also had an independent inspector come out before we closed and Westin fixed anything we felt should be fixed (which was not much).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,097 times
Hi Marisa!

I live right down the street in section 6 , welcome to the site and the neighborhood.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,080 times
Hi,

we are in the process of buying a westin home in summerwood. did anyone build there? how was the process? so far we've had quite a few problems with blake the sales rep there and i am a bit nervous about building with them if we already are having issues before we sign a contract

Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Wow ...
I've met Blake. He is a pretty good guy.
We almost bought from him In discovery at spring trails(now harmony)

I would be straight with and tell him how you feel.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,027 times
Default Westin Home Fairfield , Cypress

Hi, I just signed a contract today with Westin Home in Fairfield, Cypress Tx. My floor plan will be Sundance which base price is 230k. They gave me a 3% incentive on upgrades and also free level 1 Granite. I don't think i got a good deal at all. The house does not even come with Spindels on the stairs .. Should i go back and re-negotiate???

Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 PM

702 posts, read 1,236,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Le View Post
Hi, I just signed a contract today with Westin Home in Fairfield, Cypress Tx. My floor plan will be Sundance which base price is 230k. They gave me a 3% incentive on upgrades and also free level 1 Granite. I don't think i got a good deal at all. The house does not even come with Spindels on the stairs .. Should i go back and re-negotiate???
From the research I've done, that's about as good as it currently gets in this market. Most builders are only offering 2-3% now. Find a realtor that will do a 2/1 split contributing towards closing costs and see what they offer you for using their preferred lender. I've seen anywhere from an additional 2-3% for closing costs or upgrades for using preferred lenders. If you stack it, it'll be around 7% or 8% total.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:41 AM

Westin usually has their lender pay the owners title policy.
You might be able to negotiate another small chunk using their preferred lender. However that might apply towards closing.

If you signed solo, you will have to let them know quick that you want to redo it using a realtor.

3% is their current incentive, the better days of 7% and up are gone, the market is simply doing too good.

You can also have a realtor check how much the sq. ft is selling for and if you choose a rare floor plan you can use that as leverage to have more incentive. They like to promote any floor plans that aren't popular.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:11 AM

2 posts, read 5,027 times
Default Westin fairfield

Thanks for the quick replies, i am going to see if i can get free spindles on the stairs which is 6500 dollars in upgrades. I just cant find any builders in cypress with any lots! This is crazy.. Im just going to build with westin in fairfield. Also, I'm going to see if i can put 25% down for upgrades instead of the 50% and see what she says

Old 07-28-2013, 12:06 PM

You can definitely negotiate the down % on upgrades, we got ours to 30%.

Try for what you can, Westin usually gives you % and not so much items as incentives. It is worth a shot, but don't expect it.

What's the price range? Have you looked in Canyon Lakes West, Towne Lake, Cypress Creek Lakes?

Don't think of Westin as settling, they build a good product. They tend to include luxurious details in their designs.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 PM

31 posts, read 56,833 times
We are to build a Patterson -- elevation B
We don't know what's the standard for window frame. Can I assume the standard one is aluminum alloy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston