Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopiston View Post
Just found this forum and this thread. Now that some time has past, how is everyone feeling about their Westin home? We just signed up for one yesterday. I'm already finding myself slightly irritated at how many things are "optional" over "standard" but still trying to keep a positive outlook on it. I haven't seen anyone mention Wes there in sales. So far he's been a pretty good guy. We did meet a another nice couple the other day that should be closing on their Westin in Discovery around Sept 10th or so. They seemed pleased with the process. We only had the choice of two lots and only liked one of them. We found out when we were sitting there ready to sign that we couldn't even extend the garage out an extra 5 feet like we had been told we could due to lot size. Sorta bummed about that. I see people were expecting the pool and things to be built earlier this year, but haven't been done yet.
Really? Which hood, lot, floor plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 10:56 AM

9 posts, read 42,627 times
In Discovery, it's on the street behind Westin's office/model home on Comal Karst Dr (where did they come up with these names?!), Lot 6 I believe (faces east.) We're doing the Barcelona. The same elevation as the one that is closing soon a few lots down from ours on that same side of the street. (Which is also the new home of the couple we met.)

Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM

454 posts, read 1,585,994 times
Can't help but ask about your screen name...No Piston? Are you a fellow RX7 person?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM

Wow, you're the first one to get it in a long time! Yes, I was heavily into RX7s years ago and the name just kinda stuck. Now I use it as my forum name all over.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,173,790 times
Quote:
Wow, you're the first one to get it in a long time! Yes, I was heavily into RX7s years ago and the name just kinda stuck. Now I use it as my forum name all over.
God bless Felix Wankel!

Old 09-01-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
God bless Felix Wankel!
Yes, Sir! Did you know their factory was used as a hospital after the atomic bomb was dropped? It was shielded behind a hill from the blast.

...anyway, not to hijack the thread!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I assumed so, hard to miss someone who goes by Nopiston with my background in FD's. I own a Westin home and another RX7 guy owns one down here in Katy as well. I guess Westin's aesthetics are simply pleasing for us to look at. Dunno?

I have since left the RX7 community and moved over to the C6 Z06 lifestyle, but I still enjoy the FD and the rotary, even though my last FD was a 2JZ and my friend in a Westin home is running a built up n2o LS1 in his FD. I terribly regret my garage decision, so if you think it will bug you...it will. I hate having a small garage and I did get the 5' kick out on the side, but no 3 car just bums me out. Plus we have a Castlebrook that has 10' ceilings in the garage and my friend built a Versailles that has 12' ceilings and a 3 car tandem, and a 5' kickout for the front part of the garage and the tandem part of the garage, and he has a lift in his garage which I can't do. Again, the garage is a huge issue with me and this house. I will likely move out of our MPC and buy another house because of that fact, just an FYI.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Great... That's what I was worried about- it bothering me. I do work in the garage a lot and was really hoping to one day have a lift in the garage. Hmmm...

I've moved on from the rotaries too. Had an '83 with a streetported 13B, then two '88 Anniversary Turbo cars. Now have an STi and love it.

It seemed our only option if we want even the 5' garage extension (on the Barcelona) would be to wait until they clear more lots for sale. Going to bigger house with higher cost isn't an option for us at this time.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Have you looked at the Versailles? It has a 3 car tandem option plus has tall ceilings. The other plan that I like is the Alexander which can have a 3 car tandem. The Alexander has a narrower footprint than the Versailles which may allow for the 5' kick out and the 3 car tandem, but I don't think it has a tall enough ceiling for a lift. The Versailles requires a wide lot just for the regular footprint, but it only was $5k more than the Castlebrook as far as base price was concerned...not sure what the Barcelona costs. Texas 2 car's are the worst 2 cars that I have ever owned. Everything bigger in Texas...don't think so. These silly 2 cars that won't even fit a large SUV, Truck, sports car, etc...they are designed for someone who drives two Honda Fits. I hate them.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 PM

43 posts, read 194,459 times
Default Pool and other stuff

Quote:
Just found this forum and this thread. Now that some time has past, how is everyone feeling about their Westin home? We just signed up for one yesterday. I'm already finding myself slightly irritated at how many things are "optional" over "standard" but still trying to keep a positive outlook on it. I haven't seen anyone mention Wes there in sales. So far he's been a pretty good guy. We did meet a another nice couple the other day that should be closing on their Westin in Discovery around Sept 10th or so. They seemed pleased with the process. We only had the choice of two lots and only liked one of them. We found out when we were sitting there ready to sign that we couldn't even extend the garage out an extra 5 feet like we had been told we could due to lot size. Sorta bummed about that. I see people were expecting the pool and things to be built earlier this year, but haven't been done yet.
As far as I know, 80% of the community has to be developed in order to start building the amenities (gate, pool, courts, etc)
We are still waiting for the Coming Soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston