Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:43 PM

1,290 posts, read 5,439,417 times

Advertisements

I have used 3 Men and Allstate movers for local moves in the last 6 years. Both were very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 09:02 AM

58 posts, read 264,140 times
I used them last year and what a nightmare. Stay away from them. Half the people they promised didnt showed up, they were late, unprofessional, down, down, down.

Next time I used Miguel and Sons and they did a superb job. You can reach them at 281-203-4862

Old 05-18-2009, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,211 times
Default Careful Carriers - HORRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF

NEVER use Careful Carriers!!! We used them recently and the movers were HORRIBLE beyond belief. Do not believe the add that says that they are affordable. They charged $1599 for a one bedroom apartment with minimal furniture. In addition, they broke a lot of things even though they were carefully packed in paper wrappings and in good boxes. They were the most careless movers I've seen. But the biggest part is the price: they quote you a reasonable amount for a two bedroom, they come in, they confirm the price while they are at your old place. After that they pack everything into their truck, get to the new place and only then they come in with a new price - in my case it went up by $1000!!! To $1599 for a small 1-bedroom!!! They will not unload their truck unless you pay them CASH!!! NEVER USE CAREFUL CARRIERS. Do not believe their adds and their "posts" - they post those themselves pretending to be customers. Do not repeat my mistake.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:58 PM

61,748 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Movers Houston Texas - Moving prices online SOUTH COAST MOVERS
I used them 3 weeks ago. Weekday or weekend same fix price , not per hour.
2 bedrooms: Movers Houston TX with ONLINE PRICES South Coast Movers (2BR) - but you have to made it clear upfront how many pieces are you moving, because if your count is wrong they will charge additional. (you migh consider to move small pieces i your car) -they count pieces; not by size or how heavy.( South Coast Movers Pricing ), they can take apart/ansemble for small additional price, they can help you with packing. Very careful, very considerate. Nothing got damaged!! They have nice, clean trailer with lots of cushions and rugs. I had the team with Mac - supernice black guy. Ask for him You will love the way they care for your belongins.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,051 times
I recently got AAA Discount Movers and they NEVER showed up!!! Please never use them...they wont even end up coming and you'll be stuck!

Old 08-23-2009, 02:16 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
We used Copperwood Moving for our recent move from TW to Missouri City. Medhi & Jason were great - super careful with our belongings, diligent, efficient (despite the 110* heat index) and so polite.

We got quotes from 2 other companies before choosing Copperwood.

713-492-5599

Moving Companies In Houston Area | Professional Movers | Best Moving Service

We would definitely use them again.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM

36 posts, read 111,623 times
Do you generally have to tip the movers? If so..how much per crew member? I don't want to offend but I also don't want to overpay

Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFEdoc View Post
Do you generally have to tip the movers? If so..how much per crew member? I don't want to offend but I also don't want to overpay
Generally there seem to be a few schools of thought on this:

*no - they are already paid by their employer & tipping has gotten out of hand
*yes - I always tip no matter what!
*yes - when they go above & beyond

We've tipped all our movers & the amount has depended upon several factors. Tip amounts have ranged from $25-100/person.

If we ever have a case of a bad experience, I wouldn't tip.

I've read on a few message boards from moving company owners that tipping is not expected so if you find that moving companies are giving you quotes and then making mention of tips, then move on - that's just bad form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston