Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM

152 posts, read 535,411 times

Advertisements

I'm Not familiar with Highland's development in Eagle Springs, but in Telfair-Sugar Land they have some very very nice models. The garage doors are not "plastic"; instead they are made of some kind of woods. Really really fancy. And I think they're the only builder offering wood garage doors, which come standard. The layouts in the model homes are also very nice and efficient, with spacey rooms and closets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidfrogg View Post
I saw a Highland model in Eagle Springs a couple of weeks ago, and was really unimpressed....odd layout, not the best use of space, and really fake looking "plastic" garage doors. Based on that, we bypassed looking at any of their other homes in the area and another development.

The next time we went back to Eagle Springs, we were killing time and decided to check out another Highland model. It was a larger home and, IMO, appeared to have a better layout and better quality materials. So, I guess it depends on the model/plan.

What are the casitas?? I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about casitas when we checked out the models, and there's no mention in any of the marketing brochures/plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 04:56 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,247,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidfrogg View Post
I saw a Highland model in Eagle Springs a couple of weeks ago, and was really unimpressed....odd layout, not the best use of space, and really fake looking "plastic" garage doors. Based on that, we bypassed looking at any of their other homes in the area and another development.

The next time we went back to Eagle Springs, we were killing time and decided to check out another Highland model. It was a larger home and, IMO, appeared to have a better layout and better quality materials. So, I guess it depends on the model/plan.

What are the casitas?? I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about casitas when we checked out the models, and there's no mention in any of the marketing brochures/plans.
You probably went into the Cades Crossing the second time around. They are building in Cades with Village Builders. We drove thru the other section and we were not impressed at all. Every house looked the same, then again every Highland home does for the most,and the houses all sat on top of each other. We like Cades much better.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,794,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revive View Post
I'm Not familiar with Highland's development in Eagle Springs, but in Telfair-Sugar Land they have some very very nice models. The garage doors are not "plastic"; instead they are made of some kind of woods. Really really fancy. And I think they're the only builder offering wood garage doors, which come standard. The layouts in the model homes are also very nice and efficient, with spacey rooms and closets.
There is a reason why many builders don't use wood doors, it's durability. Sure they look nice to start, but have you seen them a few years later after taking a beating from wind, rain, heat, and humidity?

The builders dont use "plastic" they are windload rated and insulated doors meant to withstand the pounding of Houston weather.

Again, I am amazed how many people fall for the upgrades and flash, and refuse to concentrate on QUALITY.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:53 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,701,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
There is a reason why many builders don't use wood doors, it's durability. Sure they look nice to start, but have you seen them a few years later after taking a beating from wind, rain, heat, and humidity?

The builders dont use "plastic" they are windload rated and insulated doors meant to withstand the pounding of Houston weather.

Again, I am amazed how many people fall for the upgrades and flash, and refuse to concentrate on QUALITY.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I started reading this thread.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 AM

166 posts, read 896,000 times
Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Weekley?! Are they about to go under also???

Last edited by houstoner; 03-05-2009 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you are referring to has been deleted

Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM

No, Weekley and Village are fine. Builders are running for the hills from Bella-Terra. Smart builders are trying to only stay in good neighborhoods.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:09 AM

166 posts, read 896,000 times
Quote:
No, Weekley and Village are fine. Builders are running for the hills from Bella-Terra. Smart builders are trying to only stay in good neighborhoods.
Actually drove by there the other night after eating dinner at the new Sushi Hana in the Walmart shopping center. Looked very nice, but the one drawback is that it is not zoned to Katy ISD. I was telling my wife that the community would probably be sold out already if it was. By the way, the new Sushi Hana is great. Same great food as the original one on Mason, but larger and better ambiance. I love the fact that you can get sushi rolls made with brown rice (healthier!).

Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 PM

In Telfair, only Highland homes and the million dollar homes have wood garage doors. And if you drive around some of the very expensive areas in Houston, many houses have wood garage doors. Some of these houses are pretty old. So I would give it a benefit of the doubt.

Quote:

Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 PM

Here in Telfair, Highland is selling so well that they've run out of lots. So they've been buying lots from Weekley, Wilshire, and Trendmaker.

Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Last edited by houstoner; 03-05-2009 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you are referring to has been deleted

Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 PM

Here in Telfair, Highland is selling so well that they've run out of lots. So they've been buying lots from Weekley, Wilshire, and Trendmaker.

That is FALSE, they are buying lots from nobody.

Also, it is easy to sell when you give your homes away. Good luck on those warranty calls next year "Revive."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston