Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 PM

214 posts, read 724,808 times

Advertisements

This carpet is rough in some spots...But I do believe most, if not all, of it will come up with a good professional cleaning.

So who's the best?

We have a company in Detroit who offers a free Stain Removal Technician visit if the regular cleaners do not get it all out...

anything like that down there?

any place to go to get some coupons for said company(ies).

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,991,725 times
I like Amazing Chem-Dry but I think they only do from Downtown Houston all the way to Galveston for residential. From what I understand they primarily service the Clear Lake/Pearland/Friendswood area. They are not a coupon type place though and probably cost more than one of the constant advertisers - but in this case you do get what you pay for.

FYI ... the amazingcarpetcleaningtx web site link that pops up on this thread as a Google ad -- is not the one I refer to. That is a steam cleaner. The one I refer to is Amazing Chem Dry. Different company but similar name (i clicked on the link to see). Just wanted to be sure I clarified that - didn't want anyone to think I was endorsing the one above that I don't know anything about or have any personal experience with.

Last edited by texas7; 11-26-2008 at 03:14 PM..

Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,693,271 times
The best thing I've done was rent one of those Wide Track Rug Doctor machines (industrial size cleaners) and have at it myself. The grocery stores and Wal-mart all have them. The $15 soap should be able to take care of the entire house. For really tough stains, esp food/drink, use Woolite Pet Stain remover first and let it soak. It's a lot cheaper, works great, and is a free workout in itself.

After that, invest in a Bissell and a Dyson and you'll never have to worry again.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:42 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
We use Sears. I think they're pretty typical, spray down solution with hot water extraction. Our berber carpet always looks brand new for months afterward. Coupons can be found in a Val-Pak in your mailbox or on their website: http://www.searsclean.com/

I own a Bissell and I like it, but it does NOT do what the pros do. It's great, though, for areas that you want to clean quickly--say you find out someone is coming in town for the weekend--kind of thing.

One company I can honestly NOT recommend--Kiwi. Do not use them; do not waste your time with them. They came out and were AWFUL. They sprayed some stuff and then used a BUFFER on our carpet! WTF?!? Who does that? It was horrible.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 PM

70 posts, read 430,496 times
I've used Steam Carpet Cleaning Houston Tx, Katy, Sugar Land-Carpet Cleaning Houston Tx (http://www.oopssteam.com/carpetcleaning.html - broken link) and was impressed. The hot steam seemed to clean better than those soapy do it yourself cleaners I've used in the past. My friend also had them steam clean her floor tile grout and was impressed. It was pricey but worth it for us since we have kids and dogs!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
We use Sears. I think they're pretty typical, spray down solution with hot water extraction. Our berber carpet always looks brand new for months afterward. Coupons can be found in a Val-Pak in your mailbox or on their website: Sears Carpet & Upholstery Care – Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning and Stain Removal

I own a Bissell and I like it, but it does NOT do what the pros do. It's great, though, for areas that you want to clean quickly--say you find out someone is coming in town for the weekend--kind of thing.

One company I can honestly NOT recommend--Kiwi. Do not use them; do not waste your time with them. They came out and were AWFUL. They sprayed some stuff and then used a BUFFER on our carpet! WTF?!? Who does that? It was horrible.

Kiwi doesn't use their own employees. They hire independent contractors (anyone with a truck or van to haul the equipment) so you have no idea of who is in your home and not sure if Kiwi even knows. I have had a carbonated method where they used a buffer/bonnet and it did a great job - much more so that steam. Steam stays damp for days and soaks all the way through to the padding which is why it takes so long to dry.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:03 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
We use Sears. I think they're pretty typical, spray down solution with hot water extraction. Our berber carpet always looks brand new for months afterward. Coupons can be found in a Val-Pak in your mailbox or on their website: Sears Carpet & Upholstery Care – Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning and Stain Removal

Same problem here with Kiwi, all they do is move the dirt from point A to point B. Even the clean areas looked dirty after they finished. $250.00 for NOTHING.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 PM

Are you advertising for them (or part of the "family" that owns them) - why would you revive a 3 yr old thread by posting the same comment 3 times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston