Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:40 PM

734 posts, read 1,081,340 times

Advertisements

My dad once got a ticket for rolling a stop sign ... and he never did it again... however... i sometimes dont even stop at stop signs.. i just look right look left and fly through

my parents keep saying that I'm going to get a ticket... thats why I have an eye for them SL poLICE...

Do you roll stop signs? Is there any way that I could get the law to change where rolling stop signs become legal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 02:42 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
I'm gonna laugh when you get a ticket, kid.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:46 PM

It's not like im trying to hurt someone IM LOOKING FOR OTHER CARS.. its just that there ARE SO MANY STOPSIGNS! ESP. IN NEW TERRITORY!!

It's not like I'm a bad driver... i just dont feel the need to come to a complete stop..

Old 06-26-2009, 02:51 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
I got a hefty ticket for "rolling" through a stop sign. The thing of it was that the police officer admitted seeing that I looked both ways but said I didn't actually stop. And admittedly, I did not stop.

It does stay "STOP" - not "Look & Roll & Fly Through".

It just takes a second or two to follow the law. It also takes just that long to kill or maim someone.

BTW - you and many others don't feel like stopping for a stop sign and "look & fly" through. What more do you think people will do with a "ROLL" sign? They won't even bother to look. There's a reason for STOP signs. Do some research and find out how many street corners have stop signs now because a child has been killed because someone chose to fly through instead of stop. STOP signs aren't put there for your inconvenience - it's for pedestrian as well as other drivers' safety.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:53 PM

174 posts, read 488,581 times
yeah, why bother stopping. you're special just go through... we'll all stop to let you pass.
yeah right... wait till someone hits you.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:55 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,709,054 times
no cop no stop?

Old 06-26-2009, 02:57 PM

OK people im not going through the intersection blindfolded... If I see a car I'll stop... I slow down to about 10mph. and look all four ways... then just roll through.. if its in an open area with a stop sign and i really dont see anyone then i'll fly through...

GEESH it shouldn't be that big of an offense! I want it changed.. any steps?

Old 06-26-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I got a hefty ticket for "rolling" through a stop sign. The thing of it was that the police officer admitted seeing that I looked both ways but said I didn't actually stop. And admittedly, I did not stop.

It does stay "STOP" - not "Look & Roll & Fly Through".

It just takes a second or two to follow the law. It also takes just that long to kill or maim someone.

BTW - you and many others don't feel like stopping for a stop sign and "look & fly" through. What more do you think people will do with a "ROLL" sign? They won't even bother to look. There's a reason for STOP signs. Do some research and find out how many street corners have stop signs now because a child has been killed because someone chose to fly through instead of stop. STOP signs aren't put there for your inconvenience - it's for pedestrian as well as other drivers' safety.
Well... most of the people that walk around Sugar Land neighborhoods are dog walkers and they usually come out at around 6ish... so i'll be sure to keep an eye out for those people...

but pedestrians have a responsiblity to make sure a driver see's he/she. they dont just pop out of nowhere!

Old 06-26-2009, 03:07 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
It's not like im trying to hurt someone IM LOOKING FOR OTHER CARS..
Quote:
but pedestrians have a responsiblity to make sure a driver see's he/she.
Tell that to the judge.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:41 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent
Quote:
It's not like im trying to hurt someone IM LOOKING FOR OTHER CARS..

Quote:
but pedestrians have a responsiblity to make sure a driver see's he/she.
Aside from the judge, try telling that to the distraught parent of the child you hit who ran into the street after a dog or rolling ball.

I'm guessing you're just bored on a Friday afternoon & winding people up. If not, well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston