Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,018 times

Advertisements

I got hired at HEB on October 14 during a job fair. I went through a quick interview and signed papers saying that I accept the job. I got a call on October 20 and the manager asked me to come in for training on October 22. I went to training for 4 hours on October 22. During training I watched a video, filled out paper work, brought my social security card and ID, and got my name badge. I been waiting for the past week for her or somebody to call back to explain what would happen next. I called yesterday. I called in the morning and said that I went to training over a week ago and I have not heard anything back. The lady told me to call back later in the afternoon to speak with another manager, a man this time. I called back later, then a lady answered again (sounded like the same one who I talked to earlier) and she said the manger was in a meeting and to call 2 hours later. I called back 2 hours later and she tried transferring me to his line, but then said he was unavailable and that I should leave a message. I left my name, my number, and when I went to training in the message. I have not gotten a call back from this guy today and I'm hoping I will hear something by Monday or Tuesday. I don't want to bother them too much, but I'm ready to start working. This is my first time working in retail, so I don't know if this is normal to wait around like this to get to work. Also, it's close to the holidays. Do you think they are holding off on letting new people work until it gets busy for the holidays? I need some insight from employees, because I'm ready to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 08:08 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Sounds like you're getting the run around to me. Anything bad happen during the 4 hours of training?

Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 PM

675 posts, read 1,453,378 times
I worked for HEB throughout my high school/college days and I have nothing but great things to say about them. Always worked around my school schedule and was even awarded a 4-year HEB scholarship to help me with college costs. Charles (the owner) is a class act and treats his "partners" (that is what employees are called) well.

What position and what store? I still have several contacts throughout the region that I can put you in touch with. DM me if you would like as well.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:27 AM

56 posts, read 98,321 times
I currently work at H.E.B. and have been employed there for 5 years. In my experience I would say its odd that you have not started working yet. Some people at my store were put on the floor right after watching the training videos. Perhaps they are not putting you through to the right manager? I would assume you know what department you are working in (service, bakery, deli, etc.)? When you call, I would advise getting put through to the department you were hired for. A store manager or manager outside your department would not know your schedule; although you would think they would transfer you to the proper department.

Also, I doubt they are making new hires wait until it gets busy. They need to be trained, and the holiday season is right around the corner. I would call and ask to speak to your department manager (not just any manager), and if that fails then go up to the store and ask to speak to admin/human resources. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2014, 09:56 AM

200 posts, read 297,190 times
Contact Us - HEB

call the main number and ask for Human Resources. I tried finding an actual straight through number but no luck. (just a quick search tho)

Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM

254 posts, read 464,563 times
Personally, I would put on something nice and stroll right into the store. Ask for a manager and figure out what the deal is. But make sure you call first. As when the store manager will be in and speak directly to him/her. No nonsense!
But that's just me...

Old 10-31-2014, 11:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,018 times
Thanks for the replies everyone. I applied at the HEB on OST & Scott, zip code 77021. I just looked on Google and found another number for this store other than the one I had before. I'm going to call that number now and see if that is their main number. If this doesn't work, I'm going to go up there in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston