Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 PM

9 posts, read 75,472 times

Advertisements

Which subdivisions in Friendswood do you recommend for a family with young children?

Also, please tell me about the parks, pools, trails etc.

I am familiar with The Woodlands and Cinco Ranch and Pearland. How does Friendswood compare to these areas?

Any church recommendations?

What's the best preschools in the area. Is it impossible to get into them.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 08:32 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,288,426 times
The Woodlands and Cinco are MPC's while Pearland and Friensdwood are towns that have been around for many, many years. Friendswood was created by Quakers. Pearland had huge orchards of ,you guessed it, pears. The Jamison farms have long gone and in it's place are thousands of homes. Friendswood doesnt have all the trails like you see in MPC's. It does have two really nice parks.
Friendswood still has some little town charm and it's school district is great. I have several friends that live in the neighborhoods east of 518 and S of 2351 ...they love it.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:42 PM

9 posts, read 75,472 times
Anyone have specific areas of Friendswood they would recommend to buy a house in??

Any new building going on here?

Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezwood View Post
Anyone have specific areas of Friendswood they would recommend to buy a house in??

Any new building going on here?
The only bad neighborhood in Friendswood is Forest Bend.

There are some 2 or 3 year old sections in Heritage Park. I believe that is unincorporated Friendswood. CCISD. There are 20+ sections in that neighborhood (built from '76 to '06), but be aware some sections are KB homes. Most convenient location for Friendswood.

The historic area by the post office has a lot of very well kept older homes, but the demographics are similar to The Woodlands which bothers some folks.

There are some nice homes wayyy out on 528 towards Alvin but they seem fairly remote at this point in time. You're also getting far from a major freeway.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:26 PM

2,962 posts, read 3,530,774 times
I don't think the area immediately north/north east of Stevenson Park is bad is it? I mean, Friendswood has good schools.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:41 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,288,426 times
There is one new neighborhood but I cant think of the name. It is pretty pricey starting at over 300

Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
There is one new neighborhood but I cant think of the name. It is pretty pricey starting at over 300
West Ranch is the one you are referring to I believe. And the price sounds about right.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:42 PM

14 posts, read 35,696 times
Friendswood Community Church is a great church!!!!!!!! West Ranch has new homes going in. In the very, very back of San Joaquin there is a gated area that has new homes and lots. Many people like in Eagle Lakes and Falcon Ridge. Most of Friendswood (the FISD part) is nice, though Sunmeadow has deappreciated alot over the years. Stay out of the CCISD parts of Friendswood (Heritage Park, Forest Bend, Wedgewood Village).

Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendswoodian View Post
Stay out of the CCISD parts of Friendswood (Heritage Park, Forest Bend, Wedgewood Village).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the good majority of Heritage Park, nor Wedgewood Village. The Webster side of Heritage Park is basic late-70s tract US Homes that are kept up well and have slowly risen in value since at least 2004 and throughout the exurban bust. It's very internationally diverse but Friendswood proper leaves this one alone.

Forest Bend is the most black part of Friendswood the city will never incorporate. It can seem rough but it's more fitted for the late-night (retail type) working class folks and all their kids. The most dangerous thing here = all the mean/intimidating dogs caged up.

Friendswood proper has some pretty bad traffic to deal with to get out of the bubble. I suspect something insular is going on... will be looking at the 2010 detailed census soon...

Old 10-23-2009, 12:19 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,211,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friendswoodian View Post
Friendswood Community Church is a great church!!!!!!!! West Ranch has new homes going in. In the very, very back of San Joaquin there is a gated area that has new homes and lots. Many people like in Eagle Lakes and Falcon Ridge. Most of Friendswood (the FISD part) is nice, though Sunmeadow has deappreciated alot over the years. Stay out of the CCISD parts of Friendswood (Heritage Park, Forest Bend, Wedgewood Village).
Oh my goodness, I have lived in Heritage Park for the last three years. It is not horrible, nor crime infested. It is a normal working middle class neighborhood in comparison to the pricey homes in Friendswood proper. Homes can range anywhere from the low 100's (older sections) to mid 200's (newer sections). The schools are good, especially the elementary schools. Landolt and Ph Green were both rated exemplary.

We are close to the freeway, 10 to 15 minutes from Nasa, shopping is close by off of Bay Area. Grocery stores within two miles. For someone new to the area it is a great location to rent to get to know the Clearlake/Friendswood area.

Just my two cents...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston