Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:57 AM

454 posts, read 1,585,583 times

Advertisements

I am not overly worried about wether I can or not, simply asking if it was possible. Seeing that we signed the original agreement that was contigent on us getting/showing approved financing, after which, we would be able to visit the design center to choose our upgrades and such to get a final price purchase agreement since our original agreement was only this model (base) and this lot (upgrade).

We have paid just $2k in earnest money, and have now been through the design center and have seen how much the house will cost built to our specs. Since we had never chosen upgrades, it never entered my mind to negotiate for more incentives ahead of time, but now that I have seen what I want, I just wanted to know if it was possible to negotiate before I pay for the upgrades that I am requesting.

I am simply going to tell them, that here is the build sheet for what I want, but I want to have certain things included in there for free....if they take it great, if not, so be it. I have always purchased pre-built, or inventory homes, never went through these processes before and was not sure of the best way to go about it.

So I can offer to negotiate, and simply be willing to walk away w/o the earnest money, or I can offer to negotiate and be willing to pay asking price, which is fine....I just wanted to know what others had been able to do.

Thanks to everyone who has provided input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,405,672 times
Good Luck! Building a home can be a frazzling, divorce making, yanking your hair out undertaking....but in the end....it is worth all the arguments and you'll love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston