Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 06:50 PM

298 posts, read 381,519 times

Advertisements

I would NOT go for education Masters. Sadly, as a veteran teacher I would say don't go into education in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,217,718 times
my wife has a doctorate from TSU and holds a high position so its about what you do with the degree...not where it comes from.

UT in the Valley, whatever will sell their souls to identify with UT Austin - just like how alot of schools in the A&M system tossed aside their original names and went with A&M - whatever so they can identify with A&M

TSU will never merge with UH..if you research it more, there are tons of UH folks who are running the show there because they could never rise up the ranks at UH.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
my wife has a doctorate from TSU and holds a high position so its about what you do with the degree...not where it comes from.

UT in the Valley, whatever will sell their souls to identify with UT Austin - just like how alot of schools in the A&M system tossed aside their original names and went with A&M - whatever so they can identify with A&M

TSU will never merge with UH..if you research it more, there are tons of UH folks who are running the show there because they could never rise up the ranks at UH.
Yeah, but I'm assuming you are not fresh out of college. Back when your wife went there, TSU was quite reputable. It still has the stigma due to what happened recently. She didn't have that. She had the opportunity to establish herself to the point where the location of her degree has become irrelevant.

My ex (C.P.A.) would tell you that Texas State, UH Downtown and TSU applications go to the bottom of the pile. I wonder if anyone else would agree.

And University of Phoenix? Where's the matches!

Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Yeah, but I'm assuming you are not fresh out of college. Back when your wife went there, TSU was quite reputable. It still has the stigma due to what happened recently. She didn't have that. She had the opportunity to establish herself to the point where the location of her degree has become irrelevant.

My ex (C.P.A.) would tell you that Texas State, UH Downtown and TSU applications go to the bottom of the pile. I wonder if anyone else would agree.

And University of Phoenix? Where's the matches!

Well your wife is wrong. As a current TSU student. Several of my friends have went to become to successful in their fields. As mentioned earlier; it's not about where you get your education from. It's about what you do with it.

Did you attend TSU??? Because you shouldn't be so mouthy on something you have no experience with.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:24 PM

we're young...less than 10 years removed from college

TSU's reputation started in the 80s and spread over the 2000s....but alot of folks still graduated from there

wait..Texas State applications? come on..your ex-CPA was narrow minded

Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Well your wife is wrong. As a current TSU student. Several of my friends have went to become to successful in their fields. As mentioned earlier; it's not about where you get your education from. It's about what you do with it.

Did you attend TSU??? Because you shouldn't be so mouthy on something you have no experience with.
Excuse me? Did you NOT read my previous posts? I've seen with my own eyes the resumes go to the bottom of the pile. There is such a thing called "exceptions" you know. Just my opinion, and I am happy to hear your wife (HBCU) made it or that TSU apparently is getting beyond that reputation of admins stealing. And if it isn't about where you get your education from, why is there such a thing called "The Aggie Ring Wave"?

If you take two equally boring, not too charismatic people from UT or TSU, UT wins every time. TSU loses to most schools (both Southern and State).

blkgiraffe, with your attitude, quite frankly I don't think it matters if you go to University of Phoenix. You'll be fine regardless.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 PM

again....what's wrong with Texas State? huge campus...but their bottom of the pile?

lol...the TSU person is more charismatic as they were more well-rounded when it comes to dealing with different situations...some of the nerds I've seen at UT or even the athletes who are spoon-fed so much they don't know anything

Old 07-26-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
again....what's wrong with Texas State? huge campus...but their bottom of the pile?

lol...the TSU person is more charismatic as they were more well-rounded when it comes to dealing with different situations...some of the nerds I've seen at UT or even the athletes who are spoon-fed so much they don't know anything
It's that whole scandal. It'll blow over. Look, I'm not trying to come across as a basher, I sure I am though. I'll agree to disagree. I was saying all things equal, that's all.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:47 PM

scandal? With Slade? Hell Slade was a Republican quiet as it was kept...she had alot of wealthy republicans in TSU's corner but she ran her mouth to the wrong person

what she done has been done by others all over the place but certain places things get overblown and its negative

Old 07-26-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
scandal? With Slade? Hell Slade was a Republican quiet as it was kept...she had alot of wealthy republicans in TSU's corner but she ran her mouth to the wrong person

what she done has been done by others all over the place but certain places things get overblown and its negative
I agree it is unfair, and I have to give you and blackgiraffe a lot of credit. I know people that will not admit they graduated from TSU. You two really defend the school.

I am a graduate of a certain school that was involved in a horrendous scandal recently that quite frankly nobody should defend ever. I don't think I even need to mention the school's name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston