Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:04 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,020,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBOI View Post
My husband and I are planning on moving to Texas, due to his job. We don't want to move to Houston, but have looked into Katy TX. So far it sounds like a pretty nice place. My concern is, I am Mexican and it looks like the population of Katy is mostly white. Will I have any problems with the local people. I have read some blogs on Houston and most of the locals think all Mexicans are illegal emigrant and have little respect for the Hispanics. Is this true in Katy or any of the other out lying areas.
Legal immigrants - no problem. Katy has lots of Asians as well.

Illegal immigrants - more problem in C-D than in Katy or anywhere else LOL.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:54 AM

951 posts, read 1,443,614 times
I am seeing a lot of Europeans in Katy everytime I visit friends

That is one of the perks of Katy.

At least for me

Old 05-18-2015, 09:37 AM

581 posts, read 612,842 times
I've always heard Katy referred to as Katyzuela because it has a large venezuelan community.

EDIT: Just realized someone brought this thread back to life from 2009...

Old 05-18-2015, 10:51 AM

5 posts, read 5,912 times
I can only assume, by reading this thread, that "White Washed" is reverse racism based and is synonymous with "civilized".

Old 05-18-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsscott View Post
Katians are all living in a bubble!! They are not dealing with the real world and yes EVERYONE who lives in that community from Fry Rd down towards Katy Mills is "White washed"! If you don't like your culture and you think of yourself as being better than your fellow Mexicans then you will fit RIGHT IN..but if you love your culture and embrace differences then RUN the other way there are MUCH nicer communities, Sugarland, Richmond!! Katians are so close nitch they talk about everyone and everything..oh one more thing if you don't have a lot you will find that you have to keep up with the Jones in this community! Everyone is trying to be someone and if u r a little diff they don't take to you very well. So if you can hang with buying things u can't afford to put on a show for people, or having your kids academiically STRESSED out then go for it! Good luck!

A "bubble" ?!?!? I got news for you idiot... this sort of environment that you call a "bubble" is what most civilized people strive to achieve, and very much is the "real" world. You live in the real f&$ked up world. Instead of petty name calling, you're goal in life should be getting yourself and yours out of such an environment & not criticizing those those that worked hard enough to achieve it.

Old 05-18-2015, 11:59 AM

18,074 posts, read 25,170,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranmaniac View Post
I can only assume, by reading this thread, that "White Washed" is reverse racism based and is synonymous with "civilized".
White washed = They don't sound or act black (ghetto) like they are supposed to. They must have been brainwashed with white culture.

That's not the way I think, I'm just giving you the real definition.

Old 05-18-2015, 12:59 PM

693 posts, read 1,103,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickingprop View Post
I've always heard Katy referred to as Katyzuela because it has a large venezuelan community.
Venezuelan women

Old 05-18-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
White washed = They don't sound or act black (ghetto) like they are supposed to. They must have been brainwashed with white culture.

That's not the way I think, I'm just giving you the real definition.
Thats the problem.. In this divided America, What the rest of the civilized world, white/black/brown/red/purple, deems a "normal safe environment".. A place where one wants to raise their kids with a good education and the least fear of violence, drugs, vices, etc... is somehow, in the USA, relegated to the realm of white people and is an achievement to be scoffed at or thought of as demeaning or somehow selling out. It's the most asinine thought process that I have ever heard of. The fact that some people strive to pull themselves away from these hellish realities doesn't make them more "white". It makes them more intelligent and they probably have more wealth, happiness, & less stress to show for it. But that's what its all about in the end... isnt it. If one guy pulls himself out of the hood, they rest of the lil hoodie rats that cant figure it out can only scoff & criticize.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:12 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,701,689 times
Katy is where you live if you can't afford to live in Memorial or GOOF.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:14 PM

As you can see by the responses here, the most hateful comments are coming from non-whites, so you be judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston