Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 10:38 PM

13 posts, read 38,174 times

Advertisements

I want to learn Spanish fluently, but a lot of the classes are restrictive and expensive. I would consider myself somewhere in between beginner/intermediate. I have looked into schools but I was wondering if anyone knows some independent teachers with lower rates like $15-$20 per session. Please Help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 AM

22 posts, read 53,587 times
Honestly, it's going to be faster and less expensive to just try to learn it on your own. It will take you a really long time with a classroom setting since you could probably only pay for like 2 per week (since they run about $30 per hour). Roseta stone is amazing. I learned a lot of greek really quickly with it (I already speak Spanish and Italian). It's expensive, but it really does work and takes so much less time. It's also just really convenient. You can supplement it with a grammar book. The major thing with trying to become fluent is hearing the language as much as you can and speaking and reading. Listen to spanish radio, watch movies in spanish with the subtitles on, try to practice with any friends you have, read books you've already read in english in spanish. Find some spanish songs you like and try to translate them. Find a good poet in spanish who has been translated into english - read spanish first, then english. Wordreference.com is a great tool- it can help you a lot with translating phrases and such.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:25 AM

38 posts, read 185,032 times
I will recomend you the Houston Community College, there are 4 hours classes. It is called: Language Arts, Reading, Spanish. But you mut wait, because the class began on January and the next one will start on July.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 AM

2,165 posts, read 3,770,875 times
Make the rest of the world learn English and all will be well..

Since that won't happen, try Rosetta stone..

Old 01-02-2010, 05:53 AM

3 posts, read 10,395 times
there is a small school in south west houston that could be th solution to your problem...worked for me...the language factory...you should give them a call and check their rates. good luck!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:12 AM

9 posts, read 18,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisma1001 View Post
I will recomend you the Houston Community College, there are 4 hours classes. It is called: Language Arts, Reading, Spanish. But you mut wait, because the class began on January and the next one will start on July.
Classes don't begin until 19th. There is still time to apply.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 AM

174 posts, read 488,191 times
find a spanish speaking friend. cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: