Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,672 times

Advertisements

All, my family and I are relocating to Houston in the next month. We have been looking for homes and are trying to stay on the north to northeast side of town and maintain a decent commute to downtown. We have looked @ tons of homes on HAR.com found a few that fit our criteria. We are now trying to get a feel for neighborhoods and schools (wife is a teacher and have a son in 1st grade). The houses we like are in Summerwood, Eagle Springs, Kingwood, and a couple in Spring Trails....with Summerwood actually being on top of the list. Any input on these areas is appreciated????

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 04:36 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times
Summerwood will be your best commute, and it's a great community. Lots of family oriented amenities, ponds/lakes with ducks you can feed, nice walking trails, beautiful homes, trees.

Eagle Springs is the same way, but it's in a little further, so you have a couple of more lights to sit through to get home. Add about 10-15 minutes to the commute time or so. I personally LOVE Eagle Springs and would move there in a second if I could. Again very family friendly, they have lots of community activities and such, trees.

Kingwood is lovely. Lots of trees, but depending on where you live in Kingwood the commute will be well over an hour to downtown. Kingwood is a city that was annexed by Houston. So where Summerwood and Eagle Springs are communities, Kingwood is a town. But everyone who lives there loves it. And it is indeed very nice. Sometimes I think the homes are more expensive than they need to be though. But you can find some great homes on fabulous lots there.

Can't say much about Spring Trails - but from where it's located on the map - I would give it an hour commute into town. 59 has better commute times (Kingwood, Summerwood, Eagle Springs, etc.).

There's also Fall Creek which has excellent commute times for being that far out!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,208,805 times
I imagine there will be some commuting delays as Beltway 8 and Hwy 90 are finished, but afterward...well from Summerwood you would have 2 quick routes to downtown, both 59 and 90.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:50 PM

9 posts, read 16,140 times
I would agree that Summerwood is the best option for commute. I am also looking in this beautiful community. I was just looking at ziprealty.com and came across this house that just posted: 13319 Barbstone Dr. I think it looks pretty nice, what you think? Does anyone know anything about this house or street in Summerwood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: