Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 03:10 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
Just to be clear, I didn't see you as trolling.
Well, there's this goober on Taft calling the cops on me for taking pictures near his(?) establishment. I hope he tells them I'm in Eleanor Tinsley Park now.

Never set foot on private property. Photography is not a crime.

Maybe I trolled him a little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 03:29 PM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The funny thing is, the OP signed up here to defend the city's honor which you would see in her brief post history, and that's completely lost on everyone seeing this now, as it was then. All they do is see red and charge like a bull. Some of these people aren't even looking at the timestamp. They're the same people who re-share old news on social media. If that's you, re-examine yourself.

Now I'm about to head out to Montrose and go make some more photography in the city you seem to think I hate, now that my hours have been cut at work post-notice and I'm about to go walk the earth for awhile. The fact is, I don't hate Houston. Yes, I'm moving away, for the third time(!) in my life, and that fact alone should tell you how much I "hate" the place. I want Houston to be best. Sometimes that involves a little constructive criticism. I understand the Chamber of Commerce isn't happy with it sometimes, but them's the breaks.

If I was trolling, you would readily see the difference, Jack. You'd see Bill Hicks-esque prophecies of "Oklahoma Bay."
Interesting you support your H-Town love, with a Melania Trump reference .

I don't think you hate Houston actually, I just think you're so jaded you can't bring yourself to show any positive re-enforcement of your native MSA. That and having to struggle with a career in a industry that tends to show antipathy for places like Houston.

I grew up in Houston too, so I'm well aware there has always been a segment of natives that do tend to be hyper-critical of their hometown. The way I see it there's plenty of shade coming in from the outside, I see no reason to go along with it.

With that said ,I wish you the best of luck in your journey wherever it takes you....

Old 03-22-2019, 03:30 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,565,656 times
If you're going to troll, at least be innovative. Trolls aren't as creative as they used to be.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
I don't think you hate Houston actually, I just think you're so jaded you can't bring yourself to show any positive re-enforcement of your native MSA. That and having to struggle....
It's hard out here for a pimp.

I've probably got two gigs and counting of positive reinforcement on the ol' SD card right now. It's a nice day.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Can't we just put this miserable thread to rest? Or if fanfare is needed, visualize it lined up for the firing squad and executed? It's stench goes far beyond the initial "dudu".

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-22-2019 at 05:06 PM..

Old 03-22-2019, 03:46 PM

<3
Attached Thumbnails
Does Houston **** people off this bad?-20190322_164534.jpg  

Old 03-22-2019, 03:48 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,250,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You care to, uh, share some of those reasons? A little artistic inspiration perhaps?
It's just natural regression.

Old 03-22-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
It's just natural regression.
I hear you, brother. Just not as loud and clear anymore. All them punk rock shows, mosh pits etc.

Instead of calling it "tinnitus" I just think of it as my ears are taking hallucinogens and picking up sounds that aren't really there.

See, I can put a positive spin on things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston