Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 PM

564 posts, read 2,045,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I want to go to a barbershop where they won't take a break from my head every 5 minutes to watch the game, eat, talk to they baby mama, buy something from a crackhead,etc.

I'm seriously on the verge of just letting my hair grow out again
Heh. That's so true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 03:58 PM

4 posts, read 16,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthNFaith View Post
I also am looking for a barbershop where a professional executive can visit and not feel out of place...
I think you will like this place, Headliners by Abel, 2442 Bissonnet St, Houston, TX 77005 713-528-1001. I take my son there to get his locs twisted and the young lady who does the haircuts has alot of professional looking clientele. Its in the Rice Village area, and I think she charges $10 for a cut.
If anyone needs a loctician give Candice a call at that number also. She only charges $35 and is very fast and good. I drive 22 miles just to have her do my son's hair.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:39 PM

50 posts, read 203,042 times
Quote:
I need some help trying to find a barbershop, where the people can actually cut. I know a dude out in Katy named Shay, but I just don't have the time to be driving way out there.

I've tried the one on campus, and I wasn't too impressed.

The best barber in houston is white mike at bad boys barbershop off 290 and bingle.....trust me

Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Quote:
I want to go to a barbershop where they won't take a break from my head every 5 minutes to watch the game, eat, talk to they baby mama, buy something from a crackhead,etc.
Erm, I don't think there are any successful barbers who do that stuff...

Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 AM

155 posts, read 542,335 times
Quote:

I'm seriously on the verge of just letting my hair grow out again
Why you want to stereotype 'em man.

If you still can't find a good black barber from the suggestions in this thread, you might as well invest in some clippers and a hand mirror...

Old 05-01-2009, 10:21 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Why you want to stereotype 'em man.

If you still can't find a good black barber from the suggestions in this thread, you might as well invest in some clippers and a hand mirror...
It's not a stereotype, it's the truth. You find a black barbershop and tell me where you want find this stuff happening at. The good thing about them though, is they are usually cheaper, but the wait is annoying. It's not just one bad experience, it's mostly everytime I go to the barbershop.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:32 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
I'm sticking with the Vietnamese-run salons. 3 dollars and you're in and out in 10-15 minutes max. More and more blacks are starting to find out about this best-kept secret. In fact the one in midtown/third ward has an almost exclusively black clientele. Only drawback is the language barrier, but it's nothing that isn't easily overcome. I've always wondered how they are able to give haircuts so cheap. My cousin from up north couldn't believe they could cut black people's hair so well.

I will never be caught sittin' up in a barber shop for 2 hours for a 15-20 dollar hair cut again.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:30 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Hmmm.. As I said I doubt barbers who do that would be successful...

BTW what's wrong with getting a kiss on the cheek from one's girlfriend/wife?

Quote:
It's not a stereotype, it's the truth. You find a black barbershop and tell me where you want find this stuff happening at. The good thing about them though, is they are usually cheaper, but the wait is annoying. It's not just one bad experience, it's mostly everytime I go to the barbershop.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:32 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I'm sticking with the Vietnamese-run salons. 3 dollars and you're in and out in 10-15 minutes max. More and more blacks are starting to find out about this best-kept secret. In fact the one in midtown/third ward has an almost exclusively black clientele. Only drawback is the language barrier, but it's nothing that isn't easily overcome. I've always wondered how they are able to give haircuts so cheap. My cousin from up north couldn't believe they could cut black people's hair so well.

I will never be caught sittin' up in a barber shop for 2 hours for a 15-20 dollar hair cut again.
Than call a barber and set up an appointment. That's what I do.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:44 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Hmmm.. As I said I doubt barbers who do that would be successful...

BTW what's wrong with getting a kiss on the cheek from one's girlfriend/wife?
Nothing is wrong with that, but if they go out and have a 5-10 minute conversation than it's a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: