Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Why is houston so UGLY?!??! I dont mean to hate ok just asking!?

If you've ever ridden shotgun in a car going down 45, you know exactly what I am talking about. There is so much junk, dilapidated apartment complexes, strip clubs, run down car dealerships, old strip malls etc.

Heck even down 59 there are strip clubs that have big giant COLORADO sign... how did they get away with that!?!?

Is there any decency within the city to have these places cleaned up?
Are people so "LAID BACK" that they would rather drive by these atrocities than doe something about it!?!?
Or is this some kind of setting that people in this city have come to accept?
Well they are planting trees to hide all of that, so give it 10 years and your problems will be over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,190,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Well they are planting trees to hide all of that, so give it 10 years and your problems will be over
What kind of trees?

Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
What kind of trees?
I don't know.....The whole purpose of them though is to hide the stuff so they should grow big. Think HWY 6.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,498 times
I have lived in Houston most of my life and truly love it. That being said, there are huge swaths of freeways in Houston that are just disgusting, especially on I-45 and parts of 610.

The good news is, the actual parts of Houston that you can live in are usually very wooded and pretty.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:45 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
45 on the northside is a dump between the Beltway and Downtown. South of Downtown is nothing in comparison!
I-45 is still a dump from south of Downtown all the way to Clear Lake. Lots of sexually oriented businesses, taquerias, car dealerships with cloud-buster balloons, $300 apartments that collapse, and this one huge place called "His Soils" with a Jesus logo and mountains of dirt, mulch and manure that sometimes stinks up the area. Then Clear Lake to Dickinson is mostly big-box stores & car dealerships for miles & miles with only a handful of sexually-oriented businesses. But anyway...

I think the Colorado sign has been a distinct 59 landmark for the past 20 years.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
I-45 is still a dump from south of Downtown all the way to Clear Lake. Lots of sexually oriented businesses, taquerias, car dealerships with cloud-buster balloons, $300 apartments that collapse, and this one huge place called "His Soils" with a Jesus logo and mountains of dirt, mulch and manure that sometimes stinks up the area. Then Clear Lake to Dickinson is mostly big-box stores & car dealerships for miles & miles with only a handful of sexually-oriented businesses. But anyway...

I think the Colorado sign has been a distinct 59 landmark for the past 20 years.
LOL...That's the "Jesus is our Lord" dirt yard! Long story....but my daughter has a puppy that was born in one of those sheds during Ike...His name is Repo! ( We had to repossess him back from someone) .

LOL..decided to edit out my description of the dirtyard facility...probably not a good thing to put into print.

Last edited by ShelbyGirl1; 04-30-2009 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: deleted text

Old 04-30-2009, 10:35 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post

Correction: I-45 is a dump from Conroe to Galveston. It's less dumpy past the beltway heading north, and south past Clear Lake, but it's still a cluttered visual mess overall.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:36 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Correction: I-45 is a dump from Conroe to Galveston. It's less dumpy past the beltway heading north, and south past Clear Lake, but it's still a cluttered visual mess overall.
LOL..."less dumpy"??????

Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
I want to know what the heck is that place off I45 near those closed down car dealerships? When you're headed north, it's west of the freeway. It looks like some kind of outside furniture place or something. Very tacky looking. It looks like it's run by a bunch of hobos.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:47 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I want to know what the heck is that place off I45 near those closed down car dealerships?....Very tacky looking.
You don't say. I refuse to believe anything along 45 could be tacky looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston