Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:57 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
now you have a small taste of what it's like for us. at least, they're not burning a cross on your front yard, are they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
now that you explain it that way, i wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood where their routine and lifestyles are so different. i also don;t like the idea of so many generations living under one roof. it reminds too much of the hellhole so calif that i fled , with all of its immigrants sucking up the tax dollars.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:31 PM

163 posts, read 616,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Well whatever the case - I don't think the OP meant to sound racist.
Of course the OP didn't mean to sound racist, but with the quick-draw racist label branders on here, she/he didn't stand a chance.

It's disappointing that their main cheerleader was the moderator of the forum:

Quote:
A "nice balance of diversity" isn't really saying much.
What a load of codswallup. It says enough to reasonable thinking people.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNU View Post
Of course the OP didn't mean to sound racist, but with the quick-draw racist label branders on here, she/he didn't stand a chance.

It's disappointing that their main cheerleader was the moderator of the forum:

What a load of codswallup. It says enough to reasonable thinking people.
I didn't call the OP racist, the OP basicly started a thread worrying about seeing too many minorities in a freaking model home . If you ever been/or lived in Cinco Ranch you would realize how dumb that question was after he/she has already been to Cinco . :

That's like me worrying about seeing too many minorities at a McCain/Palin rally LMAO

Old 05-09-2009, 05:55 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
[quote=usc619;8733405]I didn't call the OP racist, the OP basicly started a thread worrying about seeing too many minorities in a freaking model home . If you ever been/or lived in Cinco Ranch you would realize how dumb that question was after he/she has already been to Cinco . :
Never mind.......I was going to lose it here..........but never mind. I HATE PC SOCIETY!!! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 PM

454 posts, read 1,585,884 times
I need to simply avoid threads of this nature like the plague...I swear people on this forum are way too sensitive and thin skinned. This site works well for most topics, but this is ridiculous. If the OP who may not be from Cinco, wants to know if Cinco is made up of a majority of Asians based on his small snapshot of the community, then how does that make him racist? Sure everyone on here may know, or at least think they know that Cinco still has a majority of white residents, but if someone doesn't know that, then what is the big deal with their question? Also, is Cinco SW, where most new construction is being built keeping the same demographics of the older Cinco areas with their demographics or is Cinco SW shifting further away from the higher White majority residents? Again, it simply dumb founds me that people are so damn sarcastic and exaggerating on this site...everything is taken out of context, everything is over amplified, etc...

Note to self, if the thread mentions race, leave at once. Too many soft skinned people on this site for that.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,681,773 times
Well, this has been a fascinating train wreck, really, but I think it's time to close up shop. In the future, one should probably think twice and phrase any race-based question more carefully in a city as diverse as Houston. You could also consult the eightball known as Wikipedia. Not infallible, but it's a start. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_R...s#Demographics l8trz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston