Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:50 PM

120 posts, read 715,094 times

Advertisements

Whats the latest on Wishire homes status ? I am asking because there were some posts here about the health of that company and rumors that they are about to go under due to financial issues… Are they delaying closing in Telfair/Riverstone due to this ? Are people confident and are still building with them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,627 times
Not sure. We have noticed one of their homes in Eagle Springs that has been sitting for two years just posted as Option Pending. Waiting to see if it turns into Contract Pending.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 PM

152 posts, read 537,254 times
In my Telfair neighboorhood, there are three Wilshire houses under construction that have been sort of 'abandoned' in the past 3-4 months. They have roofs and sheetrocks, but the builder has not touched them ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
Whats the latest on Wishire homes status ? I am asking because there were some posts here about the health of that company and rumors that they are about to go under due to financial issues… Are they delaying closing in Telfair/Riverstone due to this ? Are people confident and are still building with them ?

Old 05-19-2009, 06:41 PM

410 posts, read 1,675,840 times
There is quite a bit of information on the Implode-Explode site.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:10 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,137,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scammed1 View Post
There is quite a bit of information on the Implode-Explode site.
What is the best way to manuever around this site? I have visited it, and would like to find out some info on Highland homes. I just find the site not user friendly and very busy.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:09 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,732,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
What is the best way to manuever around this site? I have visited it, and would like to find out some info on Highland homes. I just find the site not user friendly and very busy.
I agree, that site has terrible design and is almost unusable.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM

120 posts, read 715,094 times
Add 1 to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
I agree, that site has terrible design and is almost unusable.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,229,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
They are still building. Wilshire has made it past the worst of the crunch, and seems to have turned the corner. They are keeping current with their vendors on all recent purchases (they still owe for older material), and sales have been decent.

It looks like they will make it. And I must admit, they build a great home--nice features, lot for the money.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:47 PM

410 posts, read 1,675,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
It is quite a busy site but the information is relevant and mostly current.
Just look for the column that lists all the different catagories and find the builders. You will be able to distinguish the consumers from the builders easily and don't forget to go to Home | HADD - Home Owners Against Deficient Dwellings and HOBB-Homeowners for Better Building
[/url]

Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,263,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
They are still building. Wilshire has made it past the worst of the crunch, and seems to have turned the corner. They are keeping current with their vendors on all recent purchases (they still owe for older material), and sales have been decent.

It looks like they will make it. And I must admit, they build a great home--nice features, lot for the money.
The ones in Eagle Springs are moving now. Only three left. Shows four but one is not updated as of yet. They are beautiful homes with a lot of inside features you do not see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston