Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:27 PM

325 posts, read 2,995,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultanium View Post
I know of a single mother, 30 years old, with 2 kids that needs extensive dental care. Many of her teeth were broken out by her ex, and she could not afford care, and so they have rotted. She hides her mouth from everyone when she speaks, and is very sensitive about it. I'm a medic, not a dentist, but my guess is that she will have to have oral surgery and have all of the teeth removed. I'm not rich, but I would really like to get her some help, and remain anonymous. Any recommendations?
I signed up for a program that offered free dental care to women who have experienced domestic violence, but I can't recall the name. I did a google search and found one called "give back a smile", sponsored by the AACD. You might try that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM

687 posts, read 2,128,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Copied this from another thread:

You may want to check out Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). They are community-based clinic that follow federal guidelines for care, and they serve everyone regardless of ability to pay/sliding scale based on income.

FQHCs in Houston that provide dental care include:
  • Good Neighbor Health Center, 190 Heights Av., 713-529-3597
  • Central Care Community Health Center, 8610 MLK Blvd, 713-734-0199
  • El Centro de Corazon, 5001 Navigation, 713-926-1849
  • Houston Community Health Centers, 424 Hahlo, 713-674-3326
Thank you txdemo for providing addresses and phone #s. Txdemo is absolutely right. FQHCs offer good care for everyone, regardless of ability to pay. You will need to bring some documentation of income. Call ahead. These clinics have to meet very stringent federal guideliness for quality, and they are rigorously monitored.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,413 times
Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipar View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm a student at the dental school already. What I was really looking for is a place to volunteer my services to "needy" people. I've found a few---San Jose Clinic, Community Medical Center, and Clinic de Corazon---but they're either not open on Saturdays or far (I have a fear of driving).
i was wondering if you could do some free work i have a few cavities and they are really bugging me would be willing to help me I cant afford to go to a dentist at all being as i have no insurance and my husband and I just cant afford it at all

Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marissadavis29 View Post
i was wondering if you could do some free work i have a few cavities and they are really bugging me would be willing to help me I cant afford to go to a dentist at all being as i have no insurance and my husband and I just cant afford it at all
That poster made that post many years ago and has since moved to North Dakota

Old 06-10-2013, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,263 times
My smile is ruining my life and holds me back in all areas I have very little money and no help or insurance.I would give anything to be able to laugh without hiding my teeth.If there's anyone who could anyone please.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,902,407 times
You can try the UT dental branch downtown, but unfortunately there is not much of a safety net for dental care (particuarly if you need extensive work) - - even though poor dental health can lead to all kinds of other health problems.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,175 times
I need help I have no insurance and have a horrible wisdom tooth that needs to b pulled where can I go sone place wanted to charge me $300+ n I am a waitress with 3 kids I can't afford that plzz someone help

Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
You can try the UT dental branch downtown, but unfortunately there is not much of a safety net for dental care (particuarly if you need extensive work) - - even though poor dental health can lead to all kinds of other health problems.
There are medicaid dental programs but they mainly cater to children, and they are known to do dental scams.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipar View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm a student at the dental school already. What I was really looking for is a place to volunteer my services to "needy" people. I've found a few---San Jose Clinic, Community Medical Center, and Clinic de Corazon---but they're either not open on Saturdays or far (I have a fear of driving).
Hi how are u my names Elizabeth and I read your post. Im in dying need of dental work. Im 26 rs old I clean houses for a living a have tried to recieve help. My parants never really took me to the denist and now being a adult they r falling out breaking I can barley eat
I use to think I was pretty but with my teeth being so bad its hard to. Please if u could help me it when mean the world to me. Right now I am in so much paun one side of my mouth is swollen and I have no idea wat to do. I feel like I'm going to die one day from mu teeth I thonk aboit that everyday. Please help if u can sincerely Elizabeth

Old 03-20-2014, 10:32 PM

686 posts, read 1,167,850 times
I need to find a cheap dentist/dental program myself. I don't make enough to afford market place dental care for my needs and make too much to qualify for any type of assistance/special program. Go figure :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston