Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:49 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,729,484 times

Advertisements

You should always consider resale when buying a home unless your 100% sure your gonna die in that house. Otherwise your taking a big risk on losing money in 5 years which is the average time people sell their house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
JL

8,520 posts, read 14,527,526 times
Corner lots attract trash and children running through your yard alot since it is like a shortcut for them. Also, it is convenient for dog owners to have them crap in your yard.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:15 AM

120 posts, read 715,017 times
Wow.. For me, re-sale value is one of the important things I consider while pruchasing the house. Who knows when you HAVE to sell even though you PLAN to be there for ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
now if i am buying a new home (possibly a 1st time buyer considering the nature of the question) resale is last on the list of reasons to purchase.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,081,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
Wow.. For me, re-sale value is one of the important things I consider while pruchasing the house. Who knows when you HAVE to sell even though you PLAN to be there for ever.
resale VALUE yes, but i am not going to say "i cant buy this house because it is on "T" corner and i might "potentially" have an asian person look to buy it 5+ yrs from now." or i cant buy this house because it faces south and a hindu person will not want to buy it.

when buying your 1st home it is just that YOUR home and you have to buy what YOU like. i see this as a problem with many people today, they are to worried about everyone else and not worried about themselves enough some times.

so i say again resale VALUE yes, potential buyer 5+ yrs down the road NO!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:14 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,581,806 times
I am neither Asian or Hindu but I have been looking at real estate in the greater Houston area, and as a person with kids who doesn't want lights shining in her house at night, I would neither purchase a house on a corner nor at the end of a t-intersection. The more vehicles that drive straight toward or past your home, the more potential there is for something to go wrong. And of course, one must consider resale when buying a home. If so many people shy away from the corner or the end of a t-intersection, I'd take that as a sign to purchase an interior home, ideally one on a cul-de-sac street.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:30 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,821,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i understand this point but as i understand the question to be, this person is looking to buy a new home for themselves. now if i am buying a new home (possibly a 1st time buyer considering the nature of the question) resale is last on the list of reasons to purchase. this is the only reason why i am asking about the significance of asian buyers.
Resale should always be a consideration because you never know the curve balls life may throw. One of the biggest mistakes my family ever made was buying a house that was great for us but had resale issues. And then we needed to move suddenly and we took a financial hit to unload that house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: