Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 01:19 PM

6 posts, read 27,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoderGeek View Post
Please post the address we should be sending our issues to in writing, if anything, we can "waste" their time fixing these issues.
That is exactly what they told me. This is a rip off. we need to get a petition going so we can dump Entouch. All my neighbors complain of the poor services.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoderGeek View Post
Please post the address we should be sending our issues to in writing, if anything, we can "waste" their time fixing these issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLSouth View Post
I would love to sign a petition to get read of En-Touch! I recently tried to opt out and was denied due to not calling or writing En-Touch with my issues. I just wrote them and will write them everyday with and little issue I have to have a future record.
I recently tried to opt-out and was told that by the community management, Entouch has taken care of my issues, as if they new because they lived in my house? I would also love to sign that petition and would many of my neighbors. The service is a total rip off and these types of deal should be illegal. I have contacted the state attorney general to find out what my options are.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:31 PM

13 posts, read 50,380 times
Anyone watch the report on "ask amy" on local2 today? Exact same situation but in an apartment complex. Their suggestion was getting everyone to write the FCC about it. They have a link on their webpage to get that info. I do agree that a petition would have to do something in our case and I'd be happy to sign it too!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:35 PM

454 posts, read 1,586,101 times
The FCC will not be able to do anything about our case since we are allowed to have our own services, so it is not a monopoly technically. The problem is that we are committed via the POA for their services. Your $888/yr is what allows the builder (Land Tejas) to sell their homes for less money than other communities such as Cinco Ranch who have to include the structured cabling into their overhead, which in turn gets passed on to the consumer as a higher retail sales price. Had Land Tejas simply fronted the bill themselves to have each house pre-wired and simply raised the price on every home in the neighborhood by approximately $2000 or so, then no one would be forced to pay Entouch for their services. Entouch bid on our community just like Comcast, AT&T, and others might have and when the bottom line figures came out, Land Tejas chose to go with Entouch.

I personally think their service is fine for what I use it for, internet. I don't use their cable, phone, or security, and don't believe that paying $888/yr plus the additional monthly fees is worth the price. I don't want or need their cable service which is a large portion of the annual dues. I would rather pay them $2000 as a one time fee and dump their services. I will pay for their costs to pre-wire my house and then they get their money, I get my wiring, and then I would like to be free to choose my own provider. If Entouch was the best provider I could find, I would continue my services with them...but if Comcast proved to be a better fit for my needs, then of course I will choose them. I just want a fair market value for my services and I don't want to pay for services that I do not use.

I am always up for a petition if one can be put together, but we seem to have a problem. We have everyone wanting to sign a petition yet there is no petition to sign. I have no legal background or experience and would consequently make a poor petition, but if someone is a lawyer or knows a lawyer who could properly draft a formal letter/petition that could be signed, I would be all for it. A friend of ours had Entouch out this morning in regards to his wireless internet not working in parts of his house. He was told to go to Best Buy and buy a better router since the one they provide is inadequate for his size of home. He also commented that the router is not Entouch's concern, and that it is the builder who installs the router, so he needs to take that up with Westin. I had the same issue at my house and we had to hardwire our computer to the internet to make it work in our office. Seems like crap to me when they sell you on this idea of being technologically savvy and efficient with our pre-wired garbage and crap router. When I called Westin they offered me yet another service call and offered me a free upgrade in speed. What good is faster speed with no connectivity?

Old 01-09-2010, 03:07 AM

12 posts, read 41,668 times
I have a friend that is in law and can see what or if he can write something up for us petition wise..

Old 01-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Well... as I stated earlier, we had sent our letter and check requesting to opt out of entouch as dissatisfied customers. We just received a letter back with our voided check, stating basically that they are sorry we are unhappy with the services but we are still required to pay the bundle rate. This is awful! We could post a 'Petition signing" as an event on the WL residential site!

Old 01-10-2010, 06:59 PM

12 posts, read 41,668 times
Hate to hear that.. So what we need to do is some of us on here meet and make up a petition and go door to door and have it signed. I spoke with a friend of mine who is in law and he stated that the wording doen't need to be real technical. He aslo stated that this may fall under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practice.
I have also wrote the Texas attorney General to see what our options are. If not anything, I am making a suit against CasleRock for their agent telling people lies about getting out of the services.
There is a HOA meeting on January 28 at 4pm at the North Clubhouse.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLSouth View Post
Hate to hear that.. So what we need to do is some of us on here meet and make up a petition and go door to door and have it signed. I spoke with a friend of mine who is in law and he stated that the wording doen't need to be real technical. He aslo stated that this may fall under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practice.
I have also wrote the Texas attorney General to see what our options are. If not anything, I am making a suit against CasleRock for their agent telling people lies about getting out of the services.
There is a HOA meeting on January 28 at 4pm at the North Clubhouse.
I would be willing to meet and get a petition going in my section, WLS. I have alot of neighbors that would be anxious to sign.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 AM

I can't really put a blame on the agent. After talking to her last night, it seems that it was once not such a big issue. Two close friends of ours were let out easily over a year ago, and they cannot believe what we're dealing with right now. One is in Canyon Gate, and the other in WLN. Having attended an hoa meeting before with other concerns, I can't say anything will come of it, but we need to stir things up that way as well. I will be writing Brandi again...and again...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Sounds good to me. I will print a copy and get signatures. We can mail them to Brandi, and/or present it at the meeting on the 28th. I can pass it along to WLN as well.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston