Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:27 PM

41 posts, read 182,027 times

Advertisements

my wife is pregnant. our medical insurance doesnt cover maternity benefits. what should we do?
can someone help us which hospital should we go?
what are other benefits available for us?
is it too late for us now to buy insurance now?
we dont really belong to low income more like average income.
we need all advice we could get.
thanks,

Old 03-29-2009, 07:43 AM

197 posts, read 797,146 times
Default google it

Find a WIC office (Women Infant's & Children)

Also - she can apply for a gold card from the Harris County Hospital District.

Good luck.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:59 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummy17th View Post
my wife is pregnant. our medical insurance doesnt cover maternity benefits. what should we do?
can someone help us which hospital should we go?
what are other benefits available for us?
is it too late for us now to buy insurance now?

we dont really belong to low income more like average income.
we need all advice we could get.
thanks,
I hope everything works out for you and your family, seems like CherryMagic gave you some good advice.

btw;Why is it Illegals never seem to worry about these type of things?

Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Why is it Illegals never seem to worry about these type of things?

Because they have their own mid-wives. Then, if they need help, or there is problem, they go over to Ben Taub( Edit: I meant LBJ.) to pop out the baby for free. I volunteered there for years with teenage moms. But more and more the teenage moms couldn't speak english..so I moved on the the SPCA. Everyone can speak that language.

Last edited by EasilyAmused; 03-29-2009 at 09:13 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Your wife will most likely give birth at Ben Taub or LBJ (out of the two, I'd choose Ben Taub). I also heard that Hermann Hospital gets a lot of insuranced births - but I don't know that for a fact so you would have to call them.

Re: the post with the comments about illegal residents

1. That comment makes an assumption that the poster is illegal.
2. The reason so many illegals don't have insurance is largely a cultural and educational reason. The culture in Mexico is by and large, why spend money (insurance) every month for something we may or may not ever use. This means auto, health, etc. The greater amount of education people receive, it changes cultural ways and increases the awareness of the need for insurance in American society. It is more, than hey we don't feel like paying for it, let someone else. It becomes a greater issue of educating people to understand and respect the need for it. The people who come here with little or no education, get minimum-wage jobs at best and those salaries unfortunately hardly allow for the rising cost of medical insurance. Seems to be a vicious cycle for many people. Not all, some people of all ethnicities and backgrounds - choose to be parasites when they fully have the funds to pay for health insurance but instead they choose to have plasma tvs, large cars, wii's, cell phones, etc.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:05 AM

Location: Close enough to the Woodlands to enjoy the ammenities without being IN the Woodlands
147 posts, read 489,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Re: the post with the comments about illegal residents

1. That comment makes an assumption that the poster is illegal.
I think you read it too quick. Actually it implies the poster ISN'T illegal.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM

447 posts, read 1,766,001 times
LBJ is actually the preferred OB hospital-not Ben Taub. Both hospitals have good facilities, but LBJ was designed for OB. But the poster HAS to live in Harris County. If she lives out of the county she does need to speak with her local WIC office and they will be able to direct her to appropriate resources.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Arg, I meant LBJ. I don't know why I wrote Ben Taub. It's been about 10 years though.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:14 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winebrat View Post
I think you read it too quick. Actually it implies the poster ISN'T illegal.
You are correct - I did read it too quickly . Thanks for the correction !!! Should have had my morning caffeine first.

I do agree that I tire of seeing so many people who can afford insurance choose not to get it and everyone else foot the bill. Because it irritates me, whenever I see those who don't have it, I have made more of an consciencious effort to learn and understand why they don't versus those who can obviously get it and choose not to.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:15 AM

41 posts, read 182,027 times
thanks for the response..

no we are not illegals.. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: