Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:33 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoonieJR View Post
Just because they don't allow ppl with felonies to move in, does not mean that ppl with felonies dont move in.. They get their babymama to get the apartment then they move in!! Lol.. I'm just keeping it real!! Its been happening for years in the 'hood
Does not happen outside of hood. I don't think its legal to move in with someone if you have not filed out an app.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Writing a bad check is against the law. It's called Theft by Check. I know this because it's happened to me in the past. I wrote a post-dated check back in college and forgot about it. When school was over, I closed by bank account, and moved back home. The check hadn't been cashed yet. About a year later I was pulled over by a state trooper for not having a front license plate on my car. They arrested me because I had a warrant for the bad check.

It's not a felony charge though.
I don't think Texas has a law for having a front license plate. Must have back license plate though.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:38 PM

160 posts, read 715,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Does not happen outside of hood. I don't think its legal to move in with someone if you have not filed out an app.

It's a contractual issue.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:04 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Yes, you must have a front licence place. Got a ticket for that a like a year ago...

Old 06-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Yes, you must have a front licence place. Got a ticket for that a like a year ago...
I have had no problems.

The main thing that matters is valid stickers (both) and back license plate.

I even got pulled over for one of my head lights not working. Officer did not say anything.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:47 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Well, I went to court and tried to fight it. Texas does require it for the front and back... that's what the judge told me.. Some care and some do not. They gave me a ticket for it the second time I got pulled over with it.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Well, I went to court and tried to fight it. Texas does require it for the front and back... that's what the judge told me.. Some care and some do not. They gave me a ticket for it the second time I got pulled over with it.
I must be super lucky then.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:32 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I must be super lucky then.
Only one of our cars have a front plate...the rest, just the rear. If you check, more the 1/2 the cars you pass only have one plate. But it is law...depends on the officer and how picky he is. But they can, and occasionally will, give you a ticket for no front plate. So far, we have been lucky as well.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:17 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Only one of our cars have a front plate...the rest, just the rear. If you check, more the 1/2 the cars you pass only have one plate. But it is law...depends on the officer and how picky he is. But they can, and occasionally will, give you a ticket for no front plate. So far, we have been lucky as well.
Yes they require it. It was STATE TROOPER who pulled me over, not a city cop. I hadn't had the plate on for like a year, due to being in an accident and getting a new bumper that didn't fit my plate. He was in front of me, and I'm pretty sure he wanted to run my plates while he was in front of me. And because he couldn't do it, pulled me over. He got lucky as I was "hot" one. At least he was nice about it and let me follow him in my own car to the jail. Totally sucked as I was on my way to my bridal shower....

Old 06-28-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Makes the car look nice if you don't have a front plate.

If the cop is behind me. then they can just run my license plate in the system and it will give them the entire info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: