Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:53 AM

254 posts, read 461,314 times

Advertisements

Welcome Monty!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:12 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,088,375 times
Welcome, Monty!

I lived in Santa Barbara & San Diego for 15 yrs total but relocated with my family to the Houston area to be closer to family.

It's personally taken some adjusting for me but am learning to embrace our new lifestyle here and it's all A- .

Good luck with your research & move!

-Sam

Old 06-27-2009, 04:22 AM

193 posts, read 434,594 times
Wow...well thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I must say, my wife and I were a little astounded with how friendly the folks were in Houston when we visited last July. It is not something we're really used to here.

For those wondering, the company I work for offered to move us out there and after we discussed it for a while, we decided that we are in a perfect position to move. We are young, have no kids and don't own a home. Between that and the considerably lower price of housing, we decided to go for it. We don't know anyone in Houston and the closest family is Baton Rouge so this will definitely be an adventure to say the least.

I will be working between offices in Bellaire and the middle of downtown, so I think we are looking to rent somewhere in the inner loop or in the west. We want to stay close to the city initially.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone, I am looking forward to participating in the discussion here.

Monty

Old 06-27-2009, 08:42 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,247,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
Wow...well thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I must say, my wife and I were a little astounded with how friendly the folks were in Houston when we visited last July. It is not something we're really used to here.

For those wondering, the company I work for offered to move us out there and after we discussed it for a while, we decided that we are in a perfect position to move. We are young, have no kids and don't own a home. Between that and the considerably lower price of housing, we decided to go for it. We don't know anyone in Houston and the closest family is Baton Rouge so this will definitely be an adventure to say the least.

I will be working between offices in Bellaire and the middle of downtown, so I think we are looking to rent somewhere in the inner loop or in the west. We want to stay close to the city initially.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone, I am looking forward to participating in the discussion here.

Monty
From somebody who is getting ready to move back to Houston...in a week... from the Baton Rouge area we can NOT wait! We love Houston and call it home. We are originally from Augusta Ga with all of our fam back there so when we packed up and headed to the big state of Tx it did take some getting use to. Now after 8 years we are use to being half way across the country from everybody. It was hard though in the beginning. We love Houston though! Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: