Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
I wonder if the same people who created the Virus are also setup to profit from the vaccine?

US Patent Application 20090010962
Genetically Engineered Swine Influenza Virus and Uses Thereof

http://www.patentstorm.us/applicatio.../fulltext.html
That is my theory as well. Why else would the government be releasing the information hype to the media and targeting kid's shows like Sesame Street to instill fear. Elmo is telling kids that they need to ask their parents for the H1N1 shot. Lysol swears that their product can kill the H1N1 virus, etc. It's all hype to make money. The regular seasonal flu kills more people then the H1N1 has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidfrogg View Post
Actually yes...I know 5 people, personally, who have had the swine flu. Additionally, 2 close friends have friends who are attending funerals for their friends who have lost children to H1N1. I'm not going to argue to merits--perceived or otherwise--of the vaccine, but swine flu is real, and while people die of the regular flu as well, H1N1 seems to be less predictable.
I would like to see the obituaries on those kids. I have a friend, who has a friend, who has a friend.....and the story goes on. My sister has the swine flu last week and guess what, it was over in less time then the seasonal flu she had last year. Amazing.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
A lot of these people are gullible sheep who have made themselves slaves to our medical system, on pills and strung out without realizing it. No doubt those same people are the ones shoving their kids to the front of the line so someone can shoot them up without question, while telling themselves we have the best medical system in the world. And now they are saying the kids need a double dose of this??? That really has me wondering now.

Judge how you wish, but we're going to wait this one out. Very little is known how any of these new-age chemicals affect your body & mind. Beyond the standard, proven batteries of immunizations, most OTC's and certain well-established Rx's, I look at the rest with suspect.

Now if you'll excuse me, my tin foil hat just came loose.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:57 PM

64 posts, read 148,901 times
ywanna bet that the people who died because of the H1N1 could have died for any other reason too? I mean they werent just healthy kids playing for school football team and suddenly died because of this. H1N1 DOES EXIST.. but so thousands and thousands of other illneses. This is just a political maneuver to distract this **** world crisis. If you think america is going through rough times you should see other countries.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
I would like to see the obituaries on those kids. I have a friend, who has a friend, who has a friend.....and the story goes on. My sister has the swine flu last week and guess what, it was over in less time then the seasonal flu she had last year. Amazing.
Well the deal is that it affects something like 1% or slightly over in a very bad way - a life threatening way. Who is going to be in that percentage group -- its a roll of the dice. And whether it goes on and on, I don't know but I do have two persons who had that experience in my bldg. that I know of. One, her sister-in-law died about 3 weeks ago. The other, his wife spent 8 days on a vent and almost died. I don't believe I still have the e-mail my co-worker sent us about his wife's experience or I would share the details but this particular flu affects the lungs very differently than regular flu. My boss's kids had it and both did fine -- daughter ran 104 fever for 4-5 days. That is a high fever for a long time -- particularly on the young ones or the sickly. His son - had a much faster recoop time - only ran the fever a couple of days because parents insisted on tamiflu for him.

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theories .... but every time there is a shortage of available vaccine suddenly everyone who has never taken a short -- is running out to get one. It's sort of the human greed ... if it is a shortage then I'm going to be front and center mentality. As far as the vaccine safety -- the president let his kids take it and most people I know in the healthcare industry -- nurses and doctors have taken it. I think they've probably come a long way since the swine flu vaccine of the 1970's.

Now in Tstone's case - I can see him waiting this one out - his baby is fairly young. I don't like to see any babies get any vaccines too young unless they are time tested because babies are unpredictable in how they react to things.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Now in Tstone's case - I can see him waiting this one out - his baby is fairly young. I don't like to see any babies get any vaccines too young unless they are time tested because babies are unpredictable in how they react to things.
All facetious commenting aside, that's exactly why we're waiting it out. Worst case scenario, we figured we'd get the vaccines and hang on tight.

As far as mortality goes, it seems the majority of those people had some serious pre-existing conditions. From what I've personally heard, those who had it and were previously healthy claim it was intense at first, but went away faster than the regular flu.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Well the deal is that it affects something like 1% or slightly over in a very bad way - a life threatening way. Who is going to be in that percentage group -- its a roll of the dice. And whether it goes on and on, I don't know but I do have two persons who had that experience in my bldg. that I know of. One, her sister-in-law died about 3 weeks ago. The other, his wife spent 8 days on a vent and almost died. I don't believe I still have the e-mail my co-worker sent us about his wife's experience or I would share the details but this particular flu affects the lungs very differently than regular flu. My boss's kids had it and both did fine -- daughter ran 104 fever for 4-5 days. That is a high fever for a long time -- particularly on the young ones or the sickly. His son - had a much faster recoop time - only ran the fever a couple of days because parents insisted on tamiflu for him.

I'm not buying into any conspiracy theories .... but every time there is a shortage of available vaccine suddenly everyone who has never taken a short -- is running out to get one. It's sort of the human greed ... if it is a shortage then I'm going to be front and center mentality. As far as the vaccine safety -- the president let his kids take it and most people I know in the healthcare industry -- nurses and doctors have taken it. I think they've probably come a long way since the swine flu vaccine of the 1970's.

MSNBC reports that 60% of doctors and nurses (including this one) refuse to take the vaccine. Neurosurgeons have warned the public that this shot contains an immune adjuvant called squalene (MF-59) which has been shown to cause severe autoimmune disorders such as MS, rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus and causes a 200% increase in the fatal disease ALS (Lou Gehreg disease). The effects may not be seen for a few years.

http://voices.mysanantonio.com/flu/2009/10/is-it-h1n1-or-swine-flu.html (broken link)

Dr. Russell Blaylock MD, neurosurgeon, professor of medicine and widely read author strongly advises people NOT to take the Swine Flu (H1N1) vaccine. So does Dr. Joseph Mercola at www.mercola.com, Dr. Rima Laibow at www.HealthFreedomUSA.org, Dr. Leonard Horowitz at FluScam.com, Dr. Sherri Tenpenny at www.DrTenpenny.com, and Dr. Bill Deagle at www.Nutrimedical.com.

Last edited by MrsMtnsOnTheMind; 11-06-2009 at 09:41 AM..

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
I'm not any more afraid of the H1N1 vaccine than the seasonal vaccine -- they say it is made the same way and had it been ready in time, most likely would have been part of the regular seasonal mix. That said, many people are very phobic of taking the regular flu vaccine - even some of my own family members. So people who won't take the regular one, definitely will fear the H1N1 because of its newness. As many professionals as you find who recommend against it, you'll find those same numbers who do recommend it. I don't really trust Web dr. or medical site reviews because I don't know these doctors, facilities or Web sites - anyone can have one. As far as the vaccine being a "scam" on the American public - I don't think so - I think it is just one more choice people have to make concerning their healthcare.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM

177 posts, read 425,480 times
Quote:
I'm not any more afraid of the H1N1 vaccine than the seasonal vaccine -- they say it is made the same way and had it been ready in time, most likely would have been part of the regular seasonal mix. That said, many people are very phobic of taking the regular flu vaccine - even some of my own family members. So people who won't take the regular one, definitely will fear the H1N1 because of its newness. As many professionals as you find who recommend against it, you'll find those same numbers who do recommend it. I don't really trust Web dr. or medical site reviews because I don't know these doctors, facilities or Web sites - anyone can have one. As far as the vaccine being a "scam" on the American public - I don't think so - I think it is just one more choice people have to make concerning their healthcare.
I am totally in agreement with you on this. There are so many resources in the internet these days but people have to be careful of what they read. Web Drs, I laughed. As a healthcare provider/professional it would be very helpful, as part of their job, is to provide the information to the families about the vaccine. Educate the public, if there are available, the pros and cons, side effects of receiving the vaccine and let them make their own informed decision whether they should receive the vaccine or not. Don't tell people that they should not do the vaccine just 'because' (personal belief?), without any back up evidence IMO.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:28 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
On the subject of vaccines:

An Epidemic of Fear: How Panicked Parents Skipping Shots Endangers Us All
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: