Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 02:04 PM

739 posts, read 2,261,602 times

Advertisements

Has anyone on here had any bad experiences with HPD. I got pulled over a few weeks ago on Bellaire by Lees sandwiches. The cop took my liscense and insurance and asked where I work and I told him Powell. He asked what I did and I told him I use G code. That was the wrong thing to say when a cop hears G code they think "gang member" instead of CNC machine. He told me to get out of the **** car and put handcuffs on me. He searched the car and didnt find anything and he said "Where do you keep your stuff, I know you were dealing". He took the sandwich I bought out of the bag and thew it on the ground. He looked in the trunk and saw a can of blue spray paint I bought at Home Depot to paint a wrought iron table in my backyard. He said "Are you a sureno you have blue shoelaces. I told him thats what came with the shoes. About this time a lady cop pulled up and yelled "sir, remove your shirt! We need to see if you have gang related tattoos" I dont have any tattoos and the male cop yelled "Well we know your a southwest cholo we have a lot of problems around here with them" The woman cop had a clipboard and was filling something out I dont know what it was but I guess I am classified as a member of southwest cholos because I went to Lees sandwiches. A van with 2 old women pulled into Lees and the cop let me go and said "I think they have more stuff than you do". Has anyone else been pulled over and harrassed like this. Only in Houston you can look like someone from Finland and be classified as a member of a hispanic gang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 02:06 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
That cop shouldn't be a security guard at a mall food court, if in fact you're not spinning an entertaining tale here.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times

Old 07-12-2009, 02:52 PM

89 posts, read 142,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Has anyone on here had any bad experiences with HPD. I got pulled over a few weeks ago on Bellaire by Lees sandwiches. The cop took my liscense and insurance and asked where I work and I told him Powell. He asked what I did and I told him I use G code. That was the wrong thing to say when a cop hears G code they think "gang member" instead of CNC machine. He told me to get out of the **** car and put handcuffs on me. He searched the car and didnt find anything and he said "Where do you keep your stuff, I know you were dealing". He took the sandwich I bought out of the bag and thew it on the ground. He looked in the trunk and saw a can of blue spray paint I bought at Home Depot to paint a wrought iron table in my backyard. He said "Are you a sureno you have blue shoelaces. I told him thats what came with the shoes. About this time a lady cop pulled up and yelled "sir, remove your shirt! We need to see if you have gang related tattoos" I dont have any tattoos and the male cop yelled "Well we know your a southwest cholo we have a lot of problems around here with them" The woman cop had a clipboard and was filling something out I dont know what it was but I guess I am classified as a member of southwest cholos because I went to Lees sandwiches. A van with 2 old women pulled into Lees and the cop let me go and said "I think they have more stuff than you do". Has anyone else been pulled over and harrassed like this. Only in Houston you can look like someone from Finland and be classified as a member of a hispanic gang.
I am really really sorry. I would look into it and see what I can do....If cou can only report it to HPD, do it right away. I have had bad experiences myself. Using the f-word etc. , there's nothing they won't do.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:59 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keks View Post
I am really really sorry.
You really believe this crock of ****?

If he was telling the truth he'd be telling this to a lawyer and not a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:02 PM

89 posts, read 142,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
You really believe this crock of ****?

If he was telling the truth he'd be telling this to a lawyer and not a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.
It's the HPD. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:53 PM

739 posts, read 2,261,602 times
I did tell a lawyer and she said there is not anything she can do and if I did report them she said they might retailiate.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keks View Post
it's the hpd. Nothing surprises me anymore.
ditto!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:51 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,409,088 times
I have never had any encounters with HPD personally before. But if this story is true, I would have to fend for the police saying its their job to be strict and take everything seriously. Especially in Houston. Several police officers that serve in the Houston metro area die every year. I think in the last year alone, 6 police officers that worked for Houston or Harris County have been killed.

So if I were a police officer over there, I would be on my toes all the time being ready for anything. When you are a police officer, you do whatever it takes for you to make it back home to your family at the end of your shift.

I am not saying what the officer did was right, but I really don't know what happened so I wouldn't say anything about your experience.

All I am saying is, Houston/Harris County is a very dangerous place to be a law enforcement officer.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,444,054 times
Default why would you say G code???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post

If you know that an officer thinks gang member when he hears the word G code then why would you even say that to him? Word of advice when dealing with officers especially if they seem a little stressed...is to be polite and say yes sir or no sir and don't give any hints for him to suspect you of anything. Maybe this is ill advised since I did not see what happened.

Last edited by TVC15; 07-12-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston