Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times

Advertisements

And for an opposing view, I've seen more realtors screw up a deal or pretend to know what they are talking about and mis-inform the customer. I find many are more of a hinderence to the client than helpful. Many are looking out for their own best interest, in finding the best BTSA, than in finding what is best for their clients.

I love how realtors come on this forum and bash new home sales consultants. I and many of my friends in the business give as much as we can to the customer and want to help them as much as possible. Most salespeople know a satisfied customer will bring in more business for years to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,511 times
I live in Cinco Ranch and I own a Perry Home. My only complaints are the cabinets. I really hate them even though they are job built. They just look old fashioned to me. On the other hand, I love the squared corners. While building our home, they made many mistakes but they were able to negotiate extra stuff for the inconvienience. We ended up with free sprinklers, free sod in the backyard, free upgraded faucets. Plus the warranty was great. There was lots of little stuff to fix, but they did get it all done. I did have to hound them to schedule a worker to come out though.

I do love my house. It was a great price and quality built! But I would never buy again because of the kitchen cabinets.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 AM

4 posts, read 4,496 times
Do not buy the home located in Pine Mill Ranch address: 26922 Stillwood Meadow, Katy, TX 77494. We had to walk way from it after Newmark rather elected to refund our money then to properly fix the deficiencies found by our third party inspector. The inspector advised us to walk way due to numerous major code violations. There is mold through out the house, OSB was improperly installed which will result in wall cracks that Newmark does not warranty, and air ducts which required 1" clearance are were not fixed after number of attempts. Those are the three major ones, but I have a list of them. BTW, Newmark was selling the house to us for 491K and I see that the house is listed for 540K. Considering all the deficiencies this house is worthless and a death trap. With all the mold not properly mitigated or not mitigated at all, your family will end up having all kinds of health issues. I feel bad for the next person who buys this house. Now that the house is sheetrocked, no one will ever know or see the deficiencies. Also, Newmark superintendent told us that the mold on lumbar was common and that 80% of Newmark homes are built the same way. This is really scary.

26922 Stillwood Meadow, Katy, TX 77494 - HAR.com

Reply to this post if you like for me to contact you will more information and answer any additional questions.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 AM

61 posts, read 273,294 times
Hi Ivana can you please check your box I sent you a pm!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:56 PM

4 posts, read 4,496 times
Do you know how i can post pictures here? I responded to your message.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 944 times
I just went to the work site and compared the lumber Newmark and Perry use. To my surprise, the lumber from Newmark is actually connected by several short ones, while Perry use a whole one. This will make Newmark home really unsafe because of structural instability especially when earthquake and tornado happen.

So my conclusion is to stay away from Newmark even it is more affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston