Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 PM

25 posts, read 50,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Once again you should be focusing on Bunker Hill, Piney Point, Hilshire, Hedwig, and Hunters Creek Villages (AKA Memorial area). I would also look into West U and Belllaire

The traffic around the Galleria is like the Traffic on I-5 near Downtown LA, Your Husband is in for a rude awakening
Okay, okay.

Going to make sure he checks the traffic out on Monday morning. Some people he has spoken with seemed to downplay the commute time.

His office was in Downtown LA but he worked A LOT from home and had many clients in the OC and San Diego area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Yes but they want new with space. That starts at 1.5 in the Villages and 1.2 in Western Memorial.

You could get big, older and 1/2 an acre for the 700's and up in Western Memorial, but 1.2 in The Villages.

But I agree about Uptown traffic. I lived two miles from the Galleria and it took me longer to get there than it does now 15 miles away via the Westpark. . It's a jungle down there.
Screw new, my Wife fell for that and now I'm stuck in Katy LMAO, just trying to help

fyi; We love Katy.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:34 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Quote:
Screw new, my Wife fell for that and now I'm stuck in Katy LMAO, just trying to help

LOl. I love my old, big house on the leafy lot down by the bayou. Sure it creaks, and some parts are still very retro. But there's space between the neighbors, the trees are big and it's QUIET. Now all that said, I do miss high ceilings and the Soprano's kitchen, but I swear these 8 ft ceiling make cooling more affective...well that and all the shade. And putting in a Viking in an old kitchen makes it work just fine

Old 08-15-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I'll let my hubby know someone's looking out for him!

Unfortunately, he's more hooked on new than I am!
E

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 PM

Default Cinco Ranch...

Not another Telfair, is it?
E

Old 08-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBrownEyedGirl View Post
I'll let my hubby know someone's looking out for him!

Unfortunately, he's more hooked on new than I am!
E
Take some time and cruise around the Rice area near Herman park and the museum dist.(Lakewood Church is around there)

Old 08-15-2009, 12:46 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Anyway, when you're on the west side and want to peek at Memorial, I would look at this one. Best private schools, close to Houston Christian,amazing shopping, easy drive to Second Baptist and not a bad drive to the Galleria.

214 Paul Revere Dr, Houston, TX 77024 - HAR.com Paul Revere Dr

the other two almost full acre lots already went pending.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Take some time and cruise around the Rice area near Herman park and the museum dist.(Lakewood Church is around there)
ahhhh. the famed Osteen's! never even thought of them. interesting!
will do.
E

Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBrownEyedGirl View Post
Not another Telfair, is it?
E
Same exact developers(newland), different area. I think Cinco is better(also a lot bigger) but Telfair is in a better area, It's a wash.

If you're set on sugarland drive down to the Sweetwater area, it's the real nice part of Sugarland

Old 08-15-2009, 08:56 PM

2 posts, read 2,539 times
Smile Come and be my neighbor!!!

I live in the inner 610 loop area & can be at my office in the Galleria area within 10 minutes --in the worst traffic. I HIGHLY recommend the City of Bellaire's "small town" feel, unbeatable city services, and excellent access to all parts of Houston. We are surrounded by the very best Christian private schools as well as the top-rated public schools (just in case unintended/unplanned expenses pop up). Just as good planning is essential when relocating, good neighbors and a wholesome environment are essential when raising a family.

From what I understand of Bellaire's ordinances, you are allowed to keep your motor home on your property so long as it is parked behind the front build line of your property. There are a number of such lots here that will accommodate this set up.

mod cut

Last edited by ElkHunter; 08-16-2009 at 02:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston