Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times

Advertisements

Which ethnicity and why is this a good one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Default Huh?

You mean white clubs?

'Enough with the politically correct phrases. As you noted, ethnic only means groups of people, so if you want to know where the best Latino, black, Asian clubs are, just ask directly.

Does it matter much, really? Maybe I've been out of the club scene too long, but in my club days, I never recalled anyone ever wanting to go to a club based on ethnicity, but on how much fun they would have, live entertainment, dancing, music, or good drink deals. Or of course, in a guys case, how many women they might meet.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,489,551 times
Many moons ago, I dated an older girl who took me to some dive in the Third Ward that had some of the most incredible live R&B. The front was a chicken shack or something like that, but the back was this awesome venue that supported our local up-and-coming Al Greens. That was an ethnic venue as I was the only white dude in it back in those days. It was music I wasn't going to hear at Fitzgeralds or Rudyards, and it was pretty much the only place that ever hosted a singer capable of making "Lady in Red" a hip song.

Anybody familiar with that place? Does it still exist?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
You mean white clubs?

'Enough with the politically correct phrases. As you noted, ethnic only means groups of people, so if you want to know where the best Latino, black, Asian clubs are, just ask directly.

Does it matter much, really? Maybe I've been out of the club scene too long, but in my club days, I never recalled anyone ever wanting to go to a club based on ethnicity, but on how much fun they would have, live entertainment, dancing, music, or good drink deals. Or of course, in a guys case, how many women they might meet.
They won't tell you why they are there because they had already done the research and decided to go there.

The Woodlands is purely all White.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:44 PM

265 posts, read 597,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
They won't tell you why they are there because they had already done the research and decided to go there.

The Woodlands is purely all White.
Breyers is purely all ice cream. Only milk, sugar, and cream. Can't go wrong with that.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 PM

89 posts, read 143,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Which ethnicity and why is this a good one?

What about the local swinger clubs? Where do you usually go? Which club is rocking your pants the most? I have been waiting for you to recommend some nice clubs here in Houston. You just always ask us.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keks View Post
What about the local swinger clubs? Where do you usually go? What's good/bad about them? I have been waiting for you to recommend some nice clubs here in Houston.
Are you coming alone or with someone?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM

89 posts, read 143,071 times
Whatever you recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: