U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 07:36 AM

54 posts, read 190,661 times

Advertisements

Can anyone share their experience with 'Wilshire' builders?
We are considering purchasing a 1 story model from them in League City. Were you happy with the finished product, service/ Were you satisfied with the brands offered in customization?
Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 09:12 AM

4,900 posts, read 12,763,773 times
Last I heard they were bankrupt.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:47 PM

12 posts, read 26,746 times
Wilshire Homes is NOT bankrupt - they had problems since the bank they used for their line-of-credit was taken over by the government. They finally seem to be moving along again some, they have done some hiring, and our warranty problem was fixed great!

We love our Wilshire home...

Old 10-17-2009, 05:17 PM

1,740 posts, read 3,447,156 times
I hope Wilshire does make it, they have a great management team. I heard they were still having issues with liens on homes, and very slow building, if any building at all. I know competitors had been buying up their lot positions in Shadow Creek and other areas.

I hope they pull through.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 9,640 times
Wilshire homes is now bankrupt. In Telfair, Sugar Land, they have sold all their remaining lots to other builders, and have left 4-6 homes abandoned. They took multiple peoples money, including mine, in the past 6 months. They have yet to return in and I dont see a plan in the future to do so. They have horrible service and do not return calls or emails.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:10 AM

1,042 posts, read 3,051,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn77 View Post
Wilshire homes is now bankrupt. In Telfair, Sugar Land, they have sold all their remaining lots to other builders, and have left 4-6 homes abandoned. They took multiple peoples money, including mine, in the past 6 months. They have yet to return in and I dont see a plan in the future to do so. They have horrible service and do not return calls or emails.
Wilshire homes has NOT yet bit the dust. They are hanging on by a thread though. As for customer service they have done wonderful for us. We purchased a home from them back in July. There are several homesites which they are not building on. Had been told they had sold them but not so sure. Several homes still for sale and have been for awhile. Not willing to budge on price on HAR but if ya got the money and make an offer and they will most likely accepet if reasonable.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:08 PM

3 posts, read 9,640 times
Wilshire is no longer in Sugar Land, TX(one of the best places in the Nation). They still exist in San Antonio and Austin. In Telfair(Sugar Land) they are completely out. They have no more lots, just a few weeks ago they had over 20lots. They have not been able to get loans to build for months now. They are unable to complete their half built homes so far and no one is doing any work on those lots. They have sold all their lots in SL and dont even have an office there anymore. It is safe to say the are done in the Houston market.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:27 PM

1,042 posts, read 3,051,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn77 View Post
Wilshire is no longer in Sugar Land, TX(one of the best places in the Nation). They still exist in San Antonio and Austin. In Telfair(Sugar Land) they are completely out. They have no more lots, just a few weeks ago they had over 20lots. They have not been able to get loans to build for months now. They are unable to complete their half built homes so far and no one is doing any work on those lots. They have sold all their lots in SL and dont even have an office there anymore. It is safe to say the are done in the Houston market.
Yes, if you go to their site they state they are no longer building in the Houston Market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston