Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 AM

75 posts, read 224,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Hello everyone, I had a question..

My wife and I are thinking about relocating to Houston on our tax return which will be roughly $4k.

We've decided that we'll have enough cash to pay our bills and rent a room in an extended stay hotel for two months. Do you think this is enough time to find work ? She's a Pharm. Tech. and I'm about as entry level as you can get.

Any thoughts ?
Although I don't think you won't have a problem but probably better to get a job lined up first before making the move. Since your wife has a profession, she needs to start applying now if she hasn't already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 06:45 AM

9 posts, read 30,522 times
Default Houston

Hummmmmmmmmmm sound interesting

Old 02-28-2010, 08:29 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,685,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
This isn't "relocation" relevant so I thought I'd post this here. Some of you may have heard about this little girl, Layla Grace. She is a 2 yr old child who is suffering from neuroblastoma - a childhood cancer. She lives in Cypress (NW Houston area) and has been in & out of TCH for several months.

Layla's fight is almost over and she is at home under hospice care. Whether you believe in God, a god or not, please keep her and her family (parents & two older sisters) in your thoughts & prayers - that Layla will have peace and little pain in the days to come and that her parents will find the strength to deal with what is ahead. It has been a long, hard road for them and they are now facing life without this innocent, sweet girl.

I do not even know Layla or her family but her mother's posts are heart-wrenching. What they are going through is a reminder of how tenuous life can be and how horrible it must be to know that your child is dying.

Layla Grace
Cannot imagine how they are all dealing, tonight her Dad's post is unreadable with a dry eye. It's gonna be a hard night for this family.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,090,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
Cannot imagine how they are all dealing, tonight her Dad's post is unreadable with a dry eye. It's gonna be a hard night for this family.
Lizzy - I saw that entry from "Dad" a little while ago & I pretty much have been weepy ever since. I cannot wrap my mind around this and the suffering Layla has been subjected to by this killer disease. What her father wrote was so raw. I pray that Layla's suffering ends one way or another. That she is in so much pain and cannot find relief is just unimaginable. Her parents must feel so helpless amongst other warring emotions.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:21 PM

Just saw a message that one of Layla's parents will be doing an interview on

102.7 KIIS FM - L.A.'s #1 Hit Music Station! with Ryan Seacrest

tomorrow morning at 10:30am CST to help raise awareness about Neuroblastoma.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,332 times
Hello all

i'm new here . My name is mohamed but please call me joe
i'm from egypt

nice to meet all

Old 03-06-2010, 03:16 PM

522 posts, read 1,401,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter minor View Post
Hello all

i'm new here . My name is mohamed but please call me joe
i'm from egypt

nice to meet all
Hi Mohamed!
Egypt huh. Nice, I've always wanted to visit.

How's the weather in Houston now?
I miss it so much.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Welcome, Joe!

LibertysFate - it was gorgeous today! High 60s (maybe 70?), sunny, blue skies with a slight breeze. Would that it could be like this in June-September.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:13 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,777,212 times
It was so nice outside today! Just perfect!

In the coming weeks, I'll probably be on C-D a lot less. Starting a new job after more than two years of being a stay-at-home parent. I think it will be a welcome break though, sometimes C-D can really test my sanity!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:20 AM

522 posts, read 1,401,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
It was so nice outside today! Just perfect!

In the coming weeks, I'll probably be on C-D a lot less. Starting a new job after more than two years of being a stay-at-home parent. I think it will be a welcome break though, sometimes C-D can really test my sanity!
haha Tell me about it. I haven't here long and I can see how it could make someone loose their temper.

Good luck with the new job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston