Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 04:34 AM

26 posts, read 224,051 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Houston to work at the medical center in a couple of months. I am very excited about the move but have a few questions. I am most interested in Sienna Plantation and Shadow Creek Ranch but I have exactly 30 minutes from the time I drop my child at day care at 6am to the time I must clock in at the med center at 6:30 so I think SCR might be where I am leaning.

When leasing, are there any sites other than HAR and the Chronicle (which has the same listings as HAR)? I am not in the area to drive around and look for for rent signs but if you know of anything, I will be grateful for the info.

I am looking for at least 3000 sq ft, 4+ beds, 2.5+ baths, small dogs allowed, appliances included, possibility of renting for at least 2 years. My maximum is $2500 (if lawn service, maid service, or some other "incentive" is included) but prefer less than $2300.

What is the likelihood that those sellers who have their homes on the market for some time will consider leasing out their home to a medical professional with great income?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,292,292 times
Thats pushing it with parking.
HAR is about the best site but you may find soemthing on craigslist

Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,055,597 times
I think at 6am, it's doable. HAR.com would be your best bet. You should have luck with your range.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM

29 posts, read 99,885 times
I am currently renting a home in SCR, pretty close to the one you are describing and I pay less than you write.

It is an excellent place to live and you will surely love it and you will end up buying here too. (why not buy right away?)

Old 08-20-2009, 03:57 PM

Marbell, How long have you been renting there? Did you go through an agent or an individual? I don't want to buy now because I don't know exactly which side of town I want to be just yet. I think I really would like Sienna better but I need to feel Houston out first and then more than likely I will want to build.

westres1, if I had guaranteed, nearby parking, would that be any better, or do you think the commute itself would be longer than 30 minutes?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:04 PM

2,549 posts, read 4,056,310 times
What if you had childcare near the med center? That might buy you a few more minutes. I priced a few childcare places some time ago and I didn't find Pearland prices to be any less than inside the loop, so you might as well go with one of the ones near your work.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTcrna03 View Post
westres1, if I had guaranteed, nearby parking, would that be any better, or do you think the commute itself would be longer than 30 minutes?
Maybe the previous poster is right about it being fine that early. I know that many Med center employees have to park a nice walk from their bldg. If your is guaranteed and close then it should ok. Time it out from driveway to garage just to be sure.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,478 times
You could also check out the the greensheet, in addition to HAR.com etc
Classified Listing
Being an agent I can keep my ear to the ground and if anything surfaces I'll inform you if you want.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 PM

westres1: They (administration) have told me it's the closest parking one can get to our office so I am hoping for a 5 minute walk after a 20 minute commute. Daycare doesn't open any earlier than that.
I did think of a daycare closer in town but I want her to be in day care with the kids she will be in school with the following year and I do not want her to have to deal with my road rage on the way home in traffic. Mommy can get a bit of a potty mouth when someone cuts her off, LOL.

Miquel, I checked out the greensheet. Nothing appealing but if you hear of anything, I would be grateful for the info.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 AM

har has about 35 rentals in SCR currently....have you looked at any of them? One is a furnished model including washer and dryer for 2000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston